Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Backpack Photos

Digital_Igloo

So... unfortunately I have a bit of a horror story about this backpack. I got my helix pedal about a month ago. Absolutely love it. I decided to go the whole way and bought the custom backpack through guitar center last week. I got to my house less than a week later. Band rehearsal day came last Thursday, so I put my helix in in bag, and walked out to my truck and loaded up. I got to our jam space, opened my passenger door, grabbed up my helix by one of the backpack straps, went to swing it overy my shoulder, and the bottom of the strap where it connects to the body of the bag ripped away from the body. My pedal dropped directly on the corner right onto the street.... and it didn't sound good. I went into the jam room... and luckily the pedal turned on and worked fine. Although it definitely does have a corner of the pedal that is slightly dented and scratched now. I went up to guitar center and told them what happened, and of course they refunded my money and ordered me another one... although I was kind of sceptical that this may not have been just a fluke. They ended up calling me an hour later, and told me that guitar center has them on back order... and it may take up to two months to get one to me.... I DEFINITELY don't recommend buying one. I'm probably going to go get my money back and get a hardshell case. I honestly hope nobody hears the sound I had to hear that day... when my pedal hit the street.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Any solution for a guitar + Helix backpack? I mean, they make double guitar bags, so one that fits a guitar, floor unit, cables, and other accessories for an all-in-one solution... it's not too far off right?

Most of you guys in the US probably won't understand as you just need to carry from house to car to gig and back. But in Singapore where I live, and in similar places like in HK and Japan, carrying 2 bulky bags into a crowded train/bus just increases the chance of them getting bumped around. Or those bags might prevent me from getting into the train/bus, and I gotta wait for another less crowded one.

Happens to me every week with my Mono + Pod sling bag (horizontal orientation of the Pod makes it worse).

I guess I could carry a guitar bag behind + Helix backpack in front. But I'm not a big guy, and being heavily pregnant on both the front and rear sides with 20% of my body weight, well, I'll be a humpty dumpty

Looks beautiful, but $279 AUD for a backpack (even an awesome one) is insane. I could buy a whole set of luggage for that! 

Somewhere closer to $100 would be far more appropriate. At the moment I'm using a small-medium cheap wheeled suitcase. Not as cool looking or as snug a fit as the Line6 backpack, but far kinder on my wallet.

http://www.musicpark.com.au/index.php/line-6-helix-backpack.html

Any solution for a guitar + Helix backpack? I mean, they make double guitar bags, so one that fits a guitar, floor unit, cables, and other accessories for an all-in-one solution... it's not too far off right?

Most of you guys in the US probably won't understand as you just need to carry from house to car to gig and back. But in Singapore where I live, and in similar places like in HK and Japan, carrying 2 bulky bags into a crowded train/bus just increases the chance of them getting bumped around. Or those bags might prevent me from getting into the train/bus, and I gotta wait for another less crowded one.

Happens to me every week with my Mono + Pod sling bag (horizontal orientation of the Pod makes it worse).

I guess I could carry a guitar bag behind + Helix backpack in front. But I'm not a big guy, and being heavily pregnant on both the front and rear sides with 20% of my body weight, well, I'll be a humpty dumpty

Is that Mono + Pod bag you're talking about the Guitar Tick plus the guitar bag? Those are pretty cool. Unfortunately, I think the Helix is big enough that it would make such a configuration really awkward and probably not really wearable as a backpack. The Helix backpack itself with expressions pedals and cables and whatnot in the front pouch is actually relatively heavy and big. I've worn the Helix backpack and carried my guitar in a gig bag, and that's doable. It might be a little tough on a crowded train, but I think that's always going to be the case... The Helix is a little bigger than the HD500(X), and it's heavier as well. If you're not using external expression pedals, perhaps a bag with a shoulder strap might be a better way to go than the backpack.

any ideas on what the pencil holder looking things to either side of the small pouch were intended for? 

Actually, in the TGP thread they mentioned that they put those there because they look cool.  You can use them to fasten items with caribiners as well.  I think I'll just put .44 magnum cartridges in mine to go with the tactical look.

Is that Mono + Pod bag you're talking about the Guitar Tick plus the guitar bag? Those are pretty cool. Unfortunately, I think the Helix is big enough that it would make such a configuration really awkward and probably not really wearable as a backpack. The Helix backpack itself with expressions pedals and cables and whatnot in the front pouch is actually relatively heavy and big. I've worn the Helix backpack and carried my guitar in a gig bag, and that's doable. It might be a little tough on a crowded train, but I think that's always going to be the case... The Helix is a little bigger than the HD500(X), and it's heavier as well. If you're not using external expression pedals, perhaps a bag with a shoulder strap might be a better way to go than the backpack.

No actually is 2 bags, Mono + Pod sling bag. That's why it's annoying, especially the Pod sling bag which juts out from my "top view silhouette".

Will likely upgrade to a Helix when it's available in my country. So, looks like gig-bag-behind-Helix-backpack-in-front won't work since it will obstruct my view lol...

I have actually considered getting a dual guitar gig bag and using 1 slot for the Pod, but the way all the bags curve, they can't fit the rectangular length of the Pod. The Helix is about the same length width, but even thicker?

So... is there a double guitar gig bag with less of a contour, enough to fit it?

• 1 month later...

any ideas on what the pencil holder looking things to either side of the small pouch were intended for? 

I have the SAME question!  I love this backpack and it works well - my Westone IEM's fit nicely in that top sub-pouch. For the life of me though I can't figure out what the loops on the back are suppose to do - to short for a pen or pencil.  The best I can figure is that I can always use carabiner clips to attach stuff if I need.

The best I can figure is that I can always use carabiner clips to attach stuff if I need.

That is indeed why they're there: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/20883287/

I have several bags / packs with these loops on them. I didn't want to make the upper pouch too large (nobody wants a top-heavy backpack) and those loops are a perfect place to attach things with a carabiner; for instance, your keys while it sits in the green room and you're on stage. ...they also serve nicely to fill the bare space on the backpack where there would otherwise be nothing. clear.png

...but primarily to clip things to, like keys, water bottles, extra cables (if you've managed to fill the pouches with laptops, mics, extra pedals, etc.).

The larger compartment is lined with Veltex (a Velcro type surface, same as the interior of a camera bag), when you tie up your cables with the provided hook & loop straps, you can secure them inside the pocket so they stay organized. There is also a full width pocket that can hold full size music books (or a Mac Pro), as well as two smaller mesh pockets, which are perfect for keeping picks or other small items in.