Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 low volume mode bypass fx loop XLR out

ColonelForbin

I just discovered that when using a DT25 in low volume mode, that the FX loop is not active. No big deal, works in full power mode. I have been spending time lately tweaking the DT 25 for standalone mode, with my stombox pedalboard. I also added an L2t, using the channel input, to monitor the DT XLR output. Really digging the M9 in the DT fx loop for post FX. The simplicity of it is stellar. Added the exp pedal, and it's way easy to set heel \ toe variations. The DT actually sounds really stellar! I got so used to pairing it with the HD500, that I forgot how sweet it is as a straight up tube amp!

Anyway, if anyone knows why the DT FX loop doesn't work in LVM, let me know!?

Cheers ya'all

It might be that it was too much to design the loop with it being all modeled and not using the power tubes. I don't know though. 

I have been playing the 500X and a GR-55 into the Altos, either individually or blending them. Playing the DT straight up controlling the internals with DTEdit. It can sound great with no effects besides its reverb. What is/are of your favorite configuration(s)? 

Yeah, right now my HD500x is only running as my soundcard, and I have been just running pedals into the DT with 1/4" cables, with an M9 in the FX loop.

Thus far, I am using the Plexi bright. I have it set up on all eight channels. I prefer the boost setting off.. I use topology II, class A/B, pentode. I use four cabs for the four A/B pairs. I have a two button dual latching footswitch to toggle between A/B. I also like topo III, boost off, and either class A-triode, or class A/B pentode, to balance the topo III volume boost. Topo IV also sounds decent on the plexi bright.

I don't use the onboard reverb much, due to the placement of my noise gate, as the first pedal after the DT FX send. The reverb happens before the send rather than after the return, so my noise gate tends to muck it up. I leave just a touch of the verb on both channels, and use the reverbs on the M9 as more of an effect reverb, like hall and particle.

I also rigged up an L2t to the XLR out, and tweaked through the various mic models, ended up going with 57 off axis. They all sound decent though, somewhat tricky to audition them on the fly, since the FX loop doesn't function in LVM.. I ended up just putting the DT in another room and had the L2t next to me while I tweaked with DTedit