Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 MIDI Program Change Problem

sherlocked

Hi,

I searched the forum but could not find an answer to this. The issue I am having is being able to use Midi to recall a preset and making it turn on and off.  I am using a MFC-101.  The way I figured out how to do it was:

1. sending a PC "on" message for the desired preset...and then..

2. for the PC "off" - setting it to a completely DIFFERENT Preset that I set up which does not do anything. In this case a Delay patch with everything turned off and EQ flat.

3. sending a CC#11 [value=127] message to turn on the effect ....AND..

4. setting the "off" value to an "on" value... so basically 127 for "on" AND "127" for "off."

This allows the switch I assigned on the MFC to activate and turn off the effect whenever I stomp.  

So... my feeling is that there would be an easier way to accomplish this and that my solution was a bit "bondo & band-aids."  :)   

Thanks for anyone's time and feedback!

Rick

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran into this sissue, what if I had previous effect and m5 was on but for the enxt sound I want it off till i manually turn it on. figured it out using a soleman midi controller using the macro editor:

sending a cc of #11 and then 0 or 127 to have be on or off innitially.

not sure on other controllers