Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

topology ?

shane01

I have installed the new firmware to my dt amps so I now can have eight amps instead of four ,but was wondering when using the HD500 and selecting a amp with topology i ,ii ,iii, iv will the new installed amps topology be used with the pre set ? I mean the original top's were i=fender   ii= park/marshall  iii= vox ac30   iv=high gain  , Now I have different amps installed will those top's change , I know when using the amp on its own it will be different ,or is there only four top's for what ever amp is used.

If I don't make sense i'll try to think of a better way of putting it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the new firmware to my dt amps so I now can have eight amps instead of four ,but was wondering when using the HD500 and selecting a amp with topology i ,ii ,iii, iv will the new installed amps topology be used with the pre set ? I mean the original top's were i=fender   ii= park/marshall  iii= vox ac30   iv=high gain  , Now I have different amps installed will those top's change , I know when using the amp on its own it will be different ,or is there only four top's for what ever amp is used.

If I don't make sense i'll try to think of a better way of putting it.

Thanks

Not sure I understand your question.  If you haven't already, you should definitely take the time to read the documentation on the DT amps and HD500.  Your search begins here:

http://line6.com/support/manuals/

Since you own a POD HD, the L6Link Connectivity guide is very useful.  When you connect POD to HD via the link, your POD becomes your preamp (the same preamp electronics/software are in both DT and HD), and you can access any of the 20 or so amps via the footswitches.  This is the ONLY way to use a DT amp, IMO.  

But If you don't want to use your HD500, then you will need to use MIDI to take advantage of the amps added via the FW update.  Find the "DT Amplifier MIDI Implementation Guide," and also check out the "User Created DT Editors" thread at the top of this forum.

• Upvote 1

Easy way to remember... In standalone mode the topology selects the amp model and configuration you have loaded. It does not change topology.

With the HD500 via L6 link the amp is selected by the Pod and the topology switch actually changes the physical power section topology.

• Upvote 2

Easy way to remember... In standalone mode the topology selects the amp model and configuration you have loaded. It does not change topology.

With the HD500 via L6 link the amp is selected by the Pod and the topology switch actually changes the physical power section topology.

---another key point!  (which I failed to mention)