Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mode Button (FS6) not working

Bangha

Hi everyone,

Footswitch 6 on my Helix has stopped working. It worked a few minutes ago and now it is dead. I have powercycled a few times, including disconnection of mains. Still nothing. Any suggestions? I am praying to the gods this is not a hardware issue. I've barely used my Helix.

Thanks for your suggestions!

It does sound like hardware barring user error :huh: Try reloading latest FW.

Better Register the Helix.

Lol user error. Yup, it's a hardware issue. If I hold down the switch and wiggle it it jumps back and forth between modes. It's not making contact with every stomp. I am gutted. There is one service center VERY far away from Paris, maybe I'll take it there soon. Paris is not doing very well now though and there are more serious things to worry about. I'm not using helix live, so I'll survive for the time being.

Wish you all the best ovet there in Paris. Its a beautiful city.

I had a button issue. I video'd it and started a support ticket and attached video. Line 6 was quick to solve the issue. Very very very impressive customer service, but I am in the US.....

Wish you all the best ovet there in Paris. Its a beautiful city.

I had a button issue. I video'd it and started a support ticket and attached video. Line 6 was quick to solve the issue. Very very very impressive customer service, but I am in the US.....

Thanks for your kind words Fido.

Do you mind my asking how they solved a button issue? I will definitely submit a ticket yesterday including the button's erratic behaviour.

I submitted a ticket with a video. My FS4 was erratic. They started a "call ticket". They ups overnighted the unit to Calabasas and overnighted a new one back. I sent it on friday got new one Thursday. The new one physically feels much "tighter" (better). The clicks on the joystick knib are stiffer causing less accidental turning. :)

But being out of USA, there may be a different procedure.

Thanks for your kind words Fido.

Do you mind my asking how they solved a button issue? I will definitely submit a ticket yesterday including the button's erratic behaviour.

They (l6) handled a issue I had with the best service possible :) , can't rave enough!

• 4 weeks later...