Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv-59 - Help Me Find A Deal

Greetings, first post on the new forum  :)

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the purchase of a cherry-burst JTV-59.  A local GC has one tagged on the floor at 20% off list, aka $1,499.99.

I thought I'd come here with some questions before I swiped my card.

Is $1,499.99 a good price?  If you asked me, I'd say, "Yes."  The guitar plays great; I like the sound of the pickups; the electric models are awesome; and the 12-string acoustic models through a Fishman column amplifier absolutely slayed.

But I suspect I can find a better price.  Can you folks help me?  What would a realistic GREAT price look like, and if so, where would the deal be found?

GC has a Cinco de Mayo sale next weekend, in which they promise 15% off, but there's some fine print about the discount not applying to already discounted merch.  Do you think the fine print applies?

Thanks so much!

$1499 is the street price of this model -- has been for a couple years. Their "20% off list" is a come-on - you see it at all the retailers.... When they have the 15% off sale go for it - if they balk - you walk....

Dave

ebay is a good source...

alot of smaller operations will list an ad with the best offer option... since they cant advertise it for less (called MAP)

example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-JTV-59-Variax-Electric-Guitar-Cherry-Sunburst-/190818768809?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c6daf57a9

ask for a few hundred off and they'll usually counter offer you their best price....

it will certainly be a deal, because you can avoid tax this way too.... so you're instantly something like 10% less in many places....

Thanks, guys.  Great ideas.  I emailed GC customer service and they told me that Line 6 is eligible for the 15% discount at the local store.  Now, if I can just get the local store manager to approve the discount a couple of days early...... /crossing fingers

Alright, went to the store, asked for the 15% off, the manager told the sales guy that he couldn't take the coupon until the go-live date ... but he gave me the 15% off anyway because it was the end of the month.

I ended up with a total of 35% off, making me a happy boy.  I might've done a little better with more work, but I walked out the door with my guitar in hand.  Instant gratification FTW :)

I got to keep the coupon which will come in useful on some other stuff I need to buy this weekend.