Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25/50 Available cool Midi Control Solutions

pkonecom

Hi!

I am a brand new DT25 user. After 10 years without any guitar playing I have restarted it (played guter for 25 years).

The DT25 is a amazing little box and I was extremly surprised about what Line6 did in the past years.

I struggle with the control of the different Amps and their different Volume Level hat makes it pretty difficult to just use a Midi Floorboard to change between Models.

I don´t want to use a HD500 because of size, price and complexity even if it is not that complex to hook it up. Maybe it is the "Guys, I have already payed for the Preamp and I don´t need more!"

A solution for me is to use the Midi Event Processor Plus from Midi Solutions. Ive got a used one cheap and I can map 32 CC Events to Program Changes. 32 are enough to switch between actual 5 to 10 Amps (Sounds) plus Volume plus some slight tone control changes. For me it is mostly the presence value.

Yes it works fine and the little box can be easily programmed if the CC values are available. I check it with DTEdit plus the Midi OX to analyze (send output A to input B)

But if I need, or better want to change a CC setting, I have to attach it to the PC and re-programm the CC setting.

Ok for home usage. But not if you go to a differnet location for jamming / playing. You have to reconfigure at least bass, presence and volume to match the locations requirements. To save a new volume level to a program change.......

Cool would be a controller with PrgChg to CC Change mapping plus 2 or 3 knobs to map these settings to. Okok, you can use a Behringer DAW Controller for example but the key is something small, easy, cheap. Ok, different world but maybe therer is a solution. Maybe Line 6 accept that some users (and I read tons of similar requests, topics in the communities) want to keep it small and sinple. Maybe they come with a small controller without preamp and effects, Different world again :-)

So again - I would appreciate your ideas, solutions, products (if this is allowed within a Line6 portal).

Cheers, Peter

Hi There!

I was looking at these Liquid Foot Controllers. Read about it and see if it fits what you have in mind. They have videos on the site.

The post that I saw a while ago >> http://line6.com/support/topic/8939-bought-a-new-dt25-today-need-a-footswitch/?p=62144

I use an iPad with Line 6 Midi Mobilizer and record my moves. It works good for me here at home. All I do is record my settings by moving the knobs on the DT and I'm done, then hit playback. It even records all the knob movements I make and allows me to make some pretty funky tone shift swings, but I have to be on time with my playing, lol. I think the foot controllers is a better idea, not exactly cheap but I think they have a good warranty.

The Liquid foot stuff is great.. I use it on my DT50.. after searching for a cheap solution I finally decided to grab one.. sometimes they have some returns they sell cheaper...

Mark

Hi There!

I was looking at these Liquid Foot Controllers. Read about it and see if it fits what you have in mind. They have videos on the site.

The post that I saw a while ago >> http://line6.com/support/topic/8939-bought-a-new-dt25-today-need-a-footswitch/?p=62144

I use an iPad with Line 6 Midi Mobilizer and record my moves. It works good for me here at home. All I do is record my settings by moving the knobs on the DT and I'm done, then hit playback. It even records all the knob movements I make and allows me to make some pretty funky tone shift swings, but I have to be on time with my playing, lol. I think the foot controllers is a better idea, not exactly cheap but I think they have a good warranty.

• Upvote 1