Sign in to follow this  
parker1963

Oops it'll break !!

Loving my new Helix a great deal, finding it very easy to edit tweak and configure, however I think the design boys make a pretty fundamental error in the design of the Helix .

The 6 rotary encoders are very close to the top row of footswitches. especially with size 12 shoes and a dark cramped stage area, ideally I think the unit should have had a home bar arrangement like the HD500 . I can appreciate Line 6 wanting a different identity for the Helix over the HD range, but I can see these getting broken very easily . There are two easy fixes tbh, either make a self adhesive aluminium toblerone  shaped block to affix above the patch lights, or in my case get a friendly local machineshop to knock up a set.

Have you seen this video? Specifically around 0:43 in... They're beating it up quite a lot, including stepping directly on the knobs.

That made me nervous too. I know the M13 has metal bars to protect the knobs too. Of course one of mine fell of. Wasn't very impressed with the durability of the M13. Hoping Helix is better but anyway I opted for the floor pedal/rack Mount option. Safer and better for amp routing