Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FW 1.04 info

audionutmike

Saw on TGP DI mentioned two new models coming with FW 1.04

FYI, DI was referencing DLC for Helix

"Not if I have my way—personally can't stand the nickel and diming of paid DLC. Two new effects models coming in 1.04, then we need to tidy up merged Helix Rack/Control and Helix code (potentially big news on the Rack/Control front coming soon), and then full speed ahead on full editor support, new features, and new models."

MODS / DI if this isn't GP to quote from another forum, please remove and my apologies if it needs to be.  Just wanted to share info and impressed with L6's level of involvement on the forums and their tenacity with the updates!

• Upvote 1

They are definitely on the ball.  There's a really, really strong possibility that one of the new fx will be a reverse delay.

Hope the other one is a phaser. There is only one phaser on the Helix right now. It sounds fantastic but has almost no adjustable parameters. Besides, big fun to have a few phasers to pick from and I think this is probably a very commonly used effect.  Would be psyched to see a Reverse Delay as well. Many of the effects sound absolutely spectacular so far, keep 'em coming and keep up the quality work!

• Upvote 1

We've decided to smack 1.04 around this weekend. With luck, you'll all see it Monday.

Awesomeness! But PLEASE make sure saved Bundles and Setlists work with the new update before putting it out. Not sure I can spend another 4 hours re re recreating my sounds!  Thanks!!

Will touch wah (Auto Engauge)be active in 1.04.  I don't like the Toe Switch.....Sorry

Easy enough to make a touch wah. Set the foot controller for the mix to 100 or what ever you like, then save mix at 0. Patch will start at 0 as soon as you touch the pedal it will move to 100. The problem is getting out you have to set a fs to change level or bypass. You can mess around some with the mix set 0-100 so it bypasses at heel but it usually sounds less then ideal, logarithmic curve helps but other curves would help when available.

Easy enough to make a touch wah. Set the foot controller for the mix to 100 or what ever you like, then save mix at 0. Patch will start at 0 as soon as you touch the pedal it will move to 100. The problem is getting out you have to set a fs to change level or bypass. You can mess around some with the mix set 0-100 so it bypasses at heel but it usually sounds less then ideal, logarithmic curve helps but other curves would help when available.

Thanks Gary but I was thinking more along the lines of the Fractal where you can set slow,med or fast ins and outs.  Or at lease a fixed auto engauge feature like the one on my Dunlop 95Q

I have a feeling one is going to be reverse delay, or perhaps reverb (but prolly delay) 

And I hope the other is a good vocoder... As the Helix has 0 at the moment.

Then we can work on things like another phaser, and extra amps and such.  Lets add in bases that aren't covered rather than more flavors of those that are already covered.

wow, great news.

I love the Helix, the best designed digital floorboard ever created on this planet, and I've tried almost all..

It only needs a few more emulations, and a proper desktop editor.

congratulation Line6

We've decided to smack 1.04 around this weekend. With luck, you'll all see it Monday.

I hope one the effects will be an LFO controller with touch dynamics that can be applied to any other effect ... or reverse delay and auto-volume.

The LFO is popular on ideascale, so possible, but probably further down the road.

We'll find out soon enough I guess.

I'd be happy if the editor didn't crash and freeze helix.

I'd be just happy if the new FW only brings more reliability and fine-tunes the existing features in helix. There's still too many bugs making the use of helix unconvenient AND THE LACK OF AN EDITOR SOFTWARE HURTS MY BACK now that the unit is on the floor where it belongs. Wouldn't bother if I got a separate controller and a rack-helix...

It's just like bodybuilding - first build the constitution before tweaking extras. I think the helix has already PLENTY of amps and effects. Atleast I can wait for more sounds, I still haven't got through the ones I already have! :D

• Upvote 1

I really hope Dimension Chorus is added soon.  It's the only thing I'd keep my Pod HD for which is lame because I need to sell it.

I thought I couldn't replicate one of my most important tones from the HD without the dimension chorus, but I was wrong about that. Have you looked at the choruses in Helix? They really are quite nice, and makes me now look at the dimension chorus as completely unnecessary. In fact, even if they did put one in there, I'm not sure I would even use it for anything. The irony is I'm the one who put this on ideascale, lol.

I thought I couldn't replicate one of my most important tones from the HD without the dimension chorus, but I was wrong about that. Have you looked at the choruses in Helix? They really are quite nice, and makes me now look at the dimension chorus as completely unnecessary. In fact, even if they did put one in there, I'm not sure I would even use it for anything. The irony is I'm the one who put this on ideascale, lol.

I have tried the other ones and they are great.  The Tri Chorus is a good substitute but I still want Dimension Chorus!

i hope it´s gonna bring us flexibility in programming the expression pedal curve...? (not only logarythmic, but different curves and mid points a la axe fx...)...and for any parameter...at the moment, logarythmic is only available for the volume pedal, as far as i know...

and a much better harmonizer plus detune block, and an auto wah...;-)

I remember reading a post by DI, I think on TGP, where he said he thinks the TOYS! start with version 1.05.

That was some other member on TGP, and I'm not sure how he's claiming to have this info... DI never really made any such promise. Not that new things aren't coming down the pike, but don't want to get the rumor mill unnecessarily heated up.

I remember reading a post by DI, I think on TGP, where he said he thinks the TOYS! start with version 1.05.

Not that I'm not enjoying all the toys currently residing in the halls of the Helix, but that would be awesome if it's true!  I'm liking the new dual delay, but I'm struggling with the reverse delay.  the tails seem really short and sound like they are cutting off the note too early but I didn't spend a lot of time messing with it.  Maybe I'm too used to the TC reverse delays?

That was some other member on TGP, and I'm not sure how he's claiming to have this info... DI never really made any such promise. Not that new things aren't coming down the pike, but don't want to get the rumor mill unnecessarily heated up.

LOL. You're right. Post deleted above. Good example of a person seeing what they want to see, in this case me. I checked again on TGP and found the post I saw, indeed by someone other than DI, but with a picture of Helix for an avatar.

Nice update.. I guess they go with numbers in popularity or ease of updates with choices. I had really hoped for a couple phasers but I understandctheyccant hit everyone's wishes. Not sure why dual delay is needed when you can just add two delay blocks.

I'm with you, the Helix is really hurting for some more phaser options and I don't think the dual delay was as critical, but I was very happy to see a reverse delay added. I guess they were specializing on delays this go round.

They've still to squeeze in another delay, which is the auto-volume from the HD. Would much rather have seen that instead of the stereo delay, but welcome in any event.

Anyway, it's still way early for Helix; I doubt they are done with it. But if they are done, I'll give up playing guitar forever.

I really hope Dimension Chorus is added soon.  It's the only thing I'd keep my Pod HD for which is lame because I need to sell it.

I hope it is added as well! I actually owned an original Roland Dimension D chorus rackmount and it was simply the most transparent and simultaneously lush chorus sound I have ever heard. No weird pitch modulation, just truly musical "thickening". It is my favorite chorus and the easiest one to use (just four presets, no parameters to tweak)!

• Upvote 1

I hope it is added as well! I actually owned an original Roland Dimension Chorus rackmount and it was simply the most transparent and simultaneously lush chorus sound I have ever heard. No weird pitch modulation, just truly musical "thickening". It is my favorite chorus and the easiest one to use (just four presets, no parameters to tweak)!

How does the Pod HD's Dimension Chorus stack up to the original?  Man I really hope it's added.  At least now I have reverse delay.  The Tri chorus is a cool substitute for the time being.

How does the Pod HD's Dimension Chorus stack up to the original?  Man I really hope it's added.  At least now I have reverse delay.  The Tri chorus is a cool substitute for the time being.

I never owned a Pod HD so I don't know how they compare. I doubt anything will ever sound exactly like the original but I hope they can come close, it is worth the effort.

I'd be happy if the editor didn't crash and freeze helix.

I'd be just happy if the new FW only brings more reliability and fine-tunes the existing features in helix. There's still too many bugs making the use of helix unconvenient AND THE LACK OF AN EDITOR SOFTWARE HURTS MY BACK now that the unit is on the floor where it belongs. Wouldn't bother if I got a separate controller and a rack-helix...

It's just like bodybuilding - first build the constitution before tweaking extras. I think the helix has already PLENTY of amps and effects. Atleast I can wait for more sounds, I still haven't got through the ones I already have! :D

I hear you on the stability issues. Getting it stable is the most important thing update. :)

Regarding the back pains ... does the foot editing mode where you can edit parameters with the switches and pedal not work for you?

I found it rather nice to use instead of bending down, and you can trim with your feet while you play.