Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No computer based editor???

SladeRenegade

This isn't the only issue I'm running into.  

1. Try saving one of your tones to "My Tones", logging into the web portal and finding it.  It won't be there.  

2. Also, when I'm saving tones, why do they duplicate and triplicate...?  If I do a "Save Tone", the expected behavior should be to overwrite, otherwise I should pick "Save As"

3. Why aren't our models listed?  I see the HD500X, and Helix, but no Firehawk FX or Amphi FX100?

Glad I'm in my 30-day return window, because it may be going back.  I'm not going to be an owner of a product they don't fully support.

• Upvote 2

This isn't the only issue I'm running into.  

1 & 3: Not sure what "web portal" you are referring to. If it's Customtone, that's a different library than the The Tone Library used in Firehawk/AMPLIFi.

2: Are you running the latest firmware?

1 & 3: Not sure what "web portal" you are referring to. If it's Customtone, that's a different library than the The Tone Library used in Firehawk/AMPLIFi.

2: Are you running the latest firmware?

I get the idea that the "Editor" is on the iPad or Android instead of Windows/Mac.  In regards to 1 & 3, where do I find the Tone Library.  Can you provide a link? In regards to #2, yes I am running the latest firmware and even reloaded it a few days ago with Line 6 support. No difference in the duplication/triplication.  When I talk about "web portal", I mean the Line6.com website logged in as my user account.  My issue is this.  If something happens to my iPad (i.e. drop it, etc.), how do I get my "Tones Library" back?  Also, how do I share a custom tone with another Firehawk FX owner?  

Are you saying that the "Tone Library" is being backed up to the Line 6 cloud and I can't get to it being logged into the line6.com website? Most iPad apps when connected to USB (aka iTunes, have the ability to select the app and usually the settings are in the right-hand pane, where I can at least do a "Save As" on my PC or Mac.  Also in regards to #3, where do I find what I "Published to the Line 6 Cloud"?

Open Firehawk app. Select tones at bottom. Then select cloud tab at the top. You type in your tone's name and it will come up on the cloud so long as you've saved it to there. You can search through the entire cloud library here by song name, artist, or name of creator etc. Annoyingly we still can't just browse the entire collection from A to Z.

Open Firehawk app. Select tones at bottom. Then select cloud tab at the top. You type in your tone's name and it will come up on the cloud so long as you've saved it to there. You can search through the entire cloud library here by song name, artist, or name of creator etc. Annoyingly we still can't just browse the entire collection from A to Z.

According to what silverhead said, "If it's Customtone, that's a different library than the The Tone Library used in Firehawk/AMPLIFi."  I created a tone called "Oh Baby" and saved it to the "Line 6 Cloud".  So if the Firehawk and AMPLIFI is a different library other than "Customtone", where do I find it?  I'm following the first part of your post to the T, so if I'm not suppose to search under "Customtone", where do I search?

The first part of his post should locate/recall your saved tone. If the file/tone name isn't working try searching under your username (name of tone creator). Make sure you have the most recent software (device firmware and mobile app) and that you are connected to the Internet and logged into your Line 6 account.

If you still can't find it I would open a support ticket with Line 6.

The first part of his post should locate/recall your saved tone. If the file/tone name isn't working try searching under your username (name of tone creator). Make sure you have the most recent software (device firmware and mobile app) and that you are connected to the Internet and logged into your Line 6 account.

If you still can't find it I would open a support ticket with Line 6.

Silverhead, so it looks like you can ONLY search from the iPad/Android app, not from a PC/Mac logged into the Line6.com website. All the other units other than the Firehawk FX/AMPLIFI, you CAN search.  In regards to the "multi-copy" issue of the same tone, I've attached a screenshot of what I'm facing.  I have opened another ticket with Line 6 and will contact them on Monday.  Last week, due to a BT (Bluetooth) lockup issue, they had me re-flash the firmware (latest) and also remove and reinstall the iPad app. I purchased this unit because I'm tired of twisting pots or having them get knocked around during live gigs. I don't like having to reach down and twist knobs between songs and being the sound man as well, I'm already multi-tasking  :). Also, I'm not a guitarist.  I went looking for pedal boards for harmonica and didn't like any I saw due to the issue I stated above. I have another harmonica friend of mine who lives in Panama and him and I want to develop and trade tones for different genres as it relates to harmonica. I play across multiple genres, and wanted different amps/cabs and effects that I can tweak.  I appreciate your feedback.

post-2303014-0-71586700-1448133057_thumb.png

post-2303014-0-56636800-1448133068_thumb.png

Silverhead, so it looks like you can ONLY search from the iPad/Android app, not from a PC/Mac logged into the Line6.com website. .....

Yes, that's correct. I did not know you were not using the app. Note that it's the very first point in Varialogue1's instructions that I thought you had followed. There's no point in having the library available outside the app because there is no other way to load the tone into the Firehawk device to hear/play it.

As for the duplicate tones, all I can say is that when I re-save an existing tone in My Tones it overwrites the previous version as expected. It does not creat a duplicate.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

The original question never got answered.  Why no Windows App for this?  There are a lot of people

out there who use Windows phones, Tablets, etc...and, you would think, if Line 6 were "smart" that

they would have a Windows based Editor, seeing as that it is a PC Interface for recording.  Just

doesn't make sense not to.  I just purchased one of these and am EXTREMELY disappointed there

is no Windows based editor.  Just seems like nonsense to not have one, and, finding out that support

for a $500 unit is now defunct, that's not a good thing either....may have to send it back...bad form Line 6.

• Upvote 1

Just seems like nonsense to not have one, and, finding out that support

for a $500 unit is now defunct, that's not a good thing either....may have to send it back...bad form Line 6.

What do you mean support is now defunct? They are still completely supporting it...

My understanding is that they will no longer be doing "development" on the unit.

They may continue to update drivers...but that's about it (at least that's what was

stated in the other threads), so, if that is considered "support" then I guess that

that would qualify.  See this thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/20762-firehawk-fx-is-abandoned/

Yes - that's exactly the difference between support and development. And Line 6 has never said they are not continuing development. But if they are they aren't saying so.

I am familiar with the thread you referred to. Note that the title is a user's opinion, like yours - it's not a statement from Line 6. I also made a lengthy post in that thread about Line 6 users belonging to one of two camps when it comes to expectations. I won't repeat the comments here but I think they're relevant in this context.

Yes I read all of that...

But if there is no "Windows" app for a device that "Runs on the PC"

then that seems to very counter productive, and, as I stated, not wise.

I purchased the Unit with the Intent of using my WIndows Tablet on Stage,

which I can't do...and I shouldn't have to use an emulator to do so...

Opinions are like...you know what...

But when a company releases a product that is says is "for the PC",
but doesn't release an "Editor App" for the PC, that's just "DUMB", as

not everyone uses "Android" or "iOS" so you've alienated 1/3 of users
out here who also would "think" that, because it's a PC interface, that there would

be an "Editor App" for it...

Call it what you will....BAD FORM on the Part of Line 6....

YES ...you work for them, and obviously will defend them....but...whatever.

• Upvote 1

I purchased the Unit with the Intent of using my WIndows Tablet on Stage,

which I can't do........

YES ...you work for them, and obviously will defend them....but...whatever.

No I don't work for them. But I think it's not fair to blame the developer when you purchase a product that is clearly documented as not meeting your expectations. You simply did not do your homework if you expected to be able to use your Windows tablet. That's not Line 6's fault.

Here's what it says on the first page of the product description on this website. Seems pretty clear to me.

"The innovative Firehawk Remote app for iOS and Androidâ„¢ gives you the power to find the perfect tone faster than ever."

Later on it says this, which is also true but not what you expected to be able to do:

"Firehawk FX is more than just a multi-effects system—it’s a powerful guitar recording interface for the studio. Record to your Mac® or PC with ultra-low latency."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok...you don't work for them but you "qualify" as a Line 6 Expert.

I did LOTS OF HOMEWORK...that is why I bought the Unit.
I read all the info...but one would assume, being an interface for the PC, 

that it would include SOMETHING to EDIT WITH!  

The only thing that the Specs and Videos say is that there is "remote app" for 
Android and iOS....NOT that it doesn't come with WINDOWS software, being

a PC interface.

Whatever....glad you're an "expert"

• Downvote 1

I have just logged in to post a similar request and read this....

I have used TC G-System and numerous rack effect processors over the years. Firehawk is just an awesome system that would be much improved if a Windows and Mac version of the editor was introduced. I have all the Apple products, but to control it from my iMac via bluetooth would make the whole process and customer experience, much improved.  iPad is ok, but when configuring in my studio, I would rather use the computer that is there, rather than the device I order my shopping on!

Scarily, might even sell more Firehawk too...! Fingers crossed....

Ok...you don't work for them but you "qualify" as a Line 6 Expert.

I did LOTS OF HOMEWORK...that is why I bought the Unit.

I read all the info...but one would assume, being an interface for the PC, 

that it would include SOMETHING to EDIT WITH!  

The only thing that the Specs and Videos say is that there is "remote app" for 

Android and iOS....NOT that it doesn't come with WINDOWS software, being

a PC interface.

Whatever....glad you're an "expert"

I think you have a confused idea of what an 'interface' is - the FHFX does exactly what it's supposed to do as regards being an interface: it shows up in DAWs (and my iMac sound settings) as an input/output - being pissy to the L6 guy doesn't hide the fact that you bought something on the basis of information and hopes you made up. 

There are plenty of flaws and limitations with the FHFX and I think I'll be changing mine to a Helix or Kemper when I can afford to, but it was never falsely advertised. 

• Upvote 1

Ok...I've been doing this for FORTY YEARS.  I'm no "stranger" to this.
I've owned just about every "PC Interface" compatible multi-FX, and NEVER,

not ONCE, did the unit NOT come with Windows Editing Software....NOT ONCE,

that is until NOW.  I'm not confused AT ALL!

So whatever you guys THINK is completely irrelevant.  Reality says you don't

advertise a "PC" compatible product without including PC Editing software - EVER.
It's just BAD BUSINESS...

Take that for what it's worth.  I've probably been doing this longer than both of you

have been alive...

And what "just starting" posted is RIGHT about what the post from the other topic says...they'd sell
more if it was what it was advertised to be...a PC compatible product.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

God yes. the tablet/phone based editor is TERRIBLE. The bluetooth is spotty even with my tablet 2.5 ft away from the unit, editing is clunky and it is the opposite of effects units that have too many menus, too much deep editing. This is a kids product until they develop integration with online Line 6 resources and a desk-top editing platform. Just too gimmicky. As often is the case with Line 6, good idea, atrocious execution. Second time I have been burned by Line 6, the first being the infamous Flextone III. Pretty sure if I can unload this on a kid impressed by gimmicky tech, it will be my last Line 6 mistake. Fool me once...

• 5 weeks later...

I agree and disagree. It NEEDS updating and further development. The last update took it back a step and has yet to be fixed. That is a problem. I also agree with IggyPiggy... it's not a kids device but definitely a teenagers in terms of it price point. Most of us cannot afford a Helix and or are not professionals so we have no use for it. Even the LT is way above the average users budget and I don't know if anyone has looked lately but there is not a Line6 replacement for the Firehawk. So to keep their middle of the road users HAPPY there needs to be improvements to the Firehawk. More and more of the big companies are jumping on the bandwagon so unless Line6 wants to only sell to the professionals I would suggest they get busy.

I must correct myself. I said there is not replacement for the Firehawk and that is not true. There is the HD500 and HD500X. Different animals but in the same price range. I for one was looking for a wireless solution when I bought my Amplifi FX100 and continued it with my Firehawk FX. Gonna miss it if I do manage to upgrade to the Helix.

• 3 months later...

Okay, I know this is an old thread, but I just found it today.  I read the whole thing. I am compelled to toss in my 27 cents. 

First, I LOVE; that's "el oh vee ee" my Firehawk FX.  I scoped it out before buying it. Don't even know how someone could ever possibly miss the fact that it was NOT ever intended to be managed via the PC, but whatevs...  After I'd watched several youtube vids. scoured Line 6 websites, and oodles of threads I knew exactly what was what.  I researched the PROS | CONS and was well aware that the only way to edit/tweak patches was via a remote app for either iPad or Android.

Now, I had briefly lamented the idea that no PC wizardry would be possible aside from updating my FHFX via USB.  But I thought, big deal. I want something I can hit those sweet patches with -- easily  -- and I found the "PERFECT" appliance in the Firehawk FX.  Besides being wireless (despite a little lag while switching between patches) I'd even found one that was totally cool. None of the other guys I gig with had anything like it. 

Now got that out of the way. I will say this: After all the pre-purchase research, I decided to rent one for a month.  I made my dude from Long & McQuade promise me that if I ended up buying it he'd have to include my rental fee in my purchase.  Yes, I am a pretty smart cookie.  So fast forward, now I've had the Firehawk FX for going on 2 years, and I still LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I even had the blessing of having the sound-guy from my local church go out and buy one for the church.  He did this because he saw how much I loved mine, how ridiculously easy it was to use, and how COOL it is too, and because he was tired of feeling like crying each time I packed mine up to take it home after a service. This is just waaay too cool too because now I can just show up to church and log into my own tones and I'm ready to go. Wow.  Until you get used to that, you'll just never understand what a freedom and blessing this is.

The Firehawk FX is a tool for the player who pulls their patches out of the cloud or tweaks their own patch and then uploads it to the cloud or even just stores it as a preset in the pedalboard. Then just pulls out their phone or iPad and goes to work. It's not for making a movie or a record. There are plenty of gear options for you to do those things, and, well actually, you could do this with the FHFX too.  You'd just use it as a digital workstation because it does connect to the pc or mac via USB.   But I digress. Marketed for ease of use/access and reliability of tone -- AND YES it does this flawlessly.

For slightly south of $500.00 bucks there is just no equal quite as cool, portable and functional. Other players burn with envy when they see me use my rig.  Those who hear me play -- freak out -- at how awesome the tones are that I dial in just straight out of the cloud especially when they see me log in on my cell phone or iPad, pull up my tone library/tone search, and start playing all under 10 mins!  And I do all this with one hand while enjoying my caramel macchiato with the other hand. The Firehawk Dominates. It has no equal for what it is meant for.  I will play mine for live gigging forever. You, and ten more guys just like you won't pry it from my cold dead hands after I'm gone.   ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did Line 6 ever release an editor for the FireHawk FX?  People bought this product and it seems that Line 6 has turned their back on it. Not good.

I love the sounds I get from the FireHawk FX but would like to see a program to edit on PC and Mac. To use your own words Line 6 "get crackin'!" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-21 at 6:11 AM, kevell99 said:

There are plenty of flaws and limitations with the FHFX and I think I'll be changing mine to a Helix or Kemper when I can afford to, but it was never falsely advertised. 

It says right on the box;

IOS | Android | Mac | PC

At very least, it is opaque, at worst it is false advertising. To me, that indicates that you should be able to use any 1 of these 4 platforms for full functionality. The fact that you are looking to graduate off of this platform 'when I can afford to' speaks louder than your defense of this paperweight. I am dumping mine, and going back to a 14 year old XT Live, which is a far superior unit in terms of editing and quality of effects. The bluetooth editing software is gimmicky and unstable. The niche effects are harsh sounding and pretty much unusable. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One theoretical way to make it work on a PC is by an Android Emulator, but then the Emulator needs to have a working bluetooth connection, which I failed to configure.

The Remote app on the Ipad is unreliable.

It says "Log out", so you are supposed to be logged in.

But there are no tones in your "My Tones" list, and a cloud search gives no Result.

Saving a tone gives an error message "Cannot save"

So you have to logout to login "really"

As the tones you create are not saved locally ( and they probably don't take much space), the day the cloud service is closed, the firehawk is ready for the recycling center.

Not to mention that there are still corrupt tones on the cloud, if there ever were.

Maybe some Units like mine where sold with a hidden hardware fault, to hang up every few days, and they want to avoid too many send back and replacement requests.

And about the bluetooth connection :

Most of the time, it does not activate automatically, you need to check the Firehawk FX in the Bluetooth Configuration of the Ipad settings.

The connection is always activated then, and remains connected even at a 15m distance 

I was going to buy a fire hawk fx tomorrow, but i saw a lot of demos and reviews on the internet that said you could edit with a PC or a Mac, but never saw an actual video of someone editing with a Mac, so I thought i'd keep looking to verify that.  so i came to this thread and found out that apparently you can NOT edit with a PC.

So i want to know, can i edit and save patches using my MacBook Air or my iMac?  I do not have an iPad, nor do i want one.  I am also not going to edit on my little iPhone screen.

If you can not edit a fire hawk fx using a Mac OSX device, then there is a ton of misinformation regarding this matter on the internet.

Editing on a phone screen is pretty easy.  I do, but my phone is an Android with a 5.5" screen, not sure what iPhone you have, but even on a 4" screen it wouldn't be hard to navigate through.  The interface was designed with phones/tablets in mind, so I'm sure it would work well.  The Mac/PC portion of functionality of the device is limited to the USB Audio interface that the Firehawk FX provides for you, so there's no need for an additional audio interface for recording.  

On 3/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, IggyPiggy said:

It says right on the box;

IOS | Android | Mac | PC

At very least, it is opaque, at worst it is false advertising. To me, that indicates that you should be able to use any 1 of these 4 platforms for full functionality. The fact that you are looking to graduate off of this platform 'when I can afford to' speaks louder than your defense of this paperweight. I am dumping mine, and going back to a 14 year old XT Live, which is a far superior unit in terms of editing and quality of effects. The bluetooth editing software is gimmicky and unstable. The niche effects are harsh sounding and pretty much unusable. 

I still want one of you guys to show us a Line6 (or other user) video on youtube where they actually used a PC editor to change the tones/parameters. If you did your research and never found such a video online, why now after purchasing a FHFX are you expecting it to have a PC editor when one was never advertised or shown on a training/marketing or tutorial vid?!

Yes I agree it would be NICE to have a PC editor in addition to the iOS/Android editor but it was never marketed/sold as having one.

There is never a perfect device, unless you are on the development team and put your own input to the design/features and even then your ideas get shot down due to price/limits on what you can/cant do.  im sure there would have been added cost of hardware/software/R&D and that would increase the price of the FHFX and as such would not let it be so sellable at the <$500 price range, which is attractive and beat the competition.

lots of stuff for L6 to have to consider and sadly some things had to go/get left out. but yes there will always be things we wish it had. I agee there is a LOT of gap/holes in between the FHFX and the Helix LT and Helix. The last 2 I think are over my head and too expensive as Im only a home hobbyist guitar player. We all wish our lower unit had some of the cool features of the next higher model units but they dont and there is a reason why. ALL mfg do this to try and up-sell you. cars/tvs/receivers, etc its nothing new.