Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

zZounds Shipment

JamzOR

Anyone who has had a Helix on preorder in with zZounds and has not checked their email since Friday...it looks like they shipped out a batch. I placed my order around the first of October and am expecting mine to be delivered Monday. I forget what other online retailers are affiliated with zZounds, but maybe they have also received some units to ship...

I emailed Americal Musical Supply today. They pull from the same warehouse as zZounds and they replied stating that the shipment they were expecting for the Nov 22nd date posted on their site had not come in. I ordered mine around the 15th of October. Now the site just states Preorder Today! with no date listed. I am hoping I will see it within the next week or so...

Strange thing is, they use the same stock as zZounds - I know this for a fact- so I wonder how back orders of Helixes will get filled...

I ordered from zzounds about a month ago and was told when I ordered that mine would ship on 11/20. I called them on Monday, and they told me that they had two shipments due on the 20th...one with 25 and one with 37 (I think). According to the rep I spoke with, the shipment with 25 had already been allocated but the other one had not. He didn't seem to know whether that meant that they hadn't come in yet or that they simply hadn't processed them yet. He seemed to think that mine should be shipped by the end of the week. The zzounds site just says coming soon, but I noticed that the AMS site says Dec 11 now. As tough as it is to wait, I really just want to know when to expect it. 

Those of us in MF-land are going through the same thing.  I had to spend an hour on the phone with a 3rd round representative.  SUPPOSEDLY I am first in line for their 12/4 shipment.  It has been a definite back and forth.

As much as many of us are anticipating our shipments and going through the shuffle with our various retailers, one must draw upon the fact that L6 appears to be under orders to remain mum on this matter.  DI mentioned in an earlier thread that there was a round of shipments rumored to be going out late November, and another in early December.  My primary concern at this point is that they may be taking returned, defective models, fixing them, and shipping them back out as new.  I guess it wouldn't really be a bad thing as they would likely go through a more stringent QC if they were returned units.

That thought actually brings up a notion that the delay in ships is due to them fixing the early bugs.

I dunno...still waiting for caffeine to hit.

Oh...look...a cat!  I love lamp.

If ou receive a helix box that the seal has been broken, retaped or something looks odd with the way the innards have been repacked. Send it BACK! GC, and the like are notorious for sending you returned items. I call it hot potato. Their hoping you won't find the bug someone else did.

If ou receive a helix box that the seal has been broken, retaped or something looks odd with the way the innards have been repacked. Send it BACK! GC, and the like are notorious for sending you returned items. I call it hot potato. Their hoping you won't find the bug someone else did.

I think Digital_Igloo mentioned in a post that some Helix boxes had been opened by Line6 in order to flash them with the latest firmware update. However, I agree that is a terrible practice by almost all of the online stores and I have had to send "brand new" items back because they had clearly been opened, tampered with, and were sometimes even missing items.

I did receive my Helix on Wednesday. zZounds got a shipment on the 20th, but only at their Mississippi warehouse, so shipping took an extra couple days.

Mine did come preloaded with firmware version 1.03. I can't seem to get in to download the latest update, this website keeps asking for a 4 digit PIN...wtf is up with that?? Tried it on 4 computers or devices..same on al of them...

I can't seem to get in to download the latest update, this website keeps asking for a 4 digit PIN...wtf is up with that?? Tried it on 4 computers or devices..same on al of them...

I think you just need Line6 Updater for Helix. Try this link, then choose the Line 6 Updater from the -All Software- pulldown menu. You will need to login to the line6 website, it's same username and password used on the forum. You will also need to login to the Line6 updater after it's installed.

http://line6.com/software/index.html

"The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via its USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process."

I did receive my Helix on Wednesday. zZounds got a shipment on the 20th, but only at their Mississippi warehouse, so shipping took an extra couple days.

Mine did come preloaded with firmware version 1.03. I can't seem to get in to download the latest update, this website keeps asking for a 4 digit PIN...wtf is up with that?? Tried it on 4 computers or devices..same on al of them...

Glad you received yours. They told me today that I'm looking at Dec 12 now. Not sure why it keeps changing, but I'll get it eventually. I just wish they would have given me a realistic date when I ordered.

I'm getting completely hosed here.  My ship date mysteriously switched to frikkin' 1/11.  GC is still saying 12/11, but I'm noticing an interesting trend here.  The date will show as green and then turn a few days later.  Then it stays red for a day or two and then they switch the backorder date.  MF's latest 'adjustment' has pretty much sealed the deal for me.  If I don't get mine by the ship date they inferred on the phone yesterday I'm likely just going to let it go.  I've made it this far with my current rig and I can make it furthern

I do hold L6 partially responsible for this.  I get the corporate environment.  I understand ship date snafus.  But somewhere between them and the end user (meaning us), there is a prolonged disconnect.  I have to imagine that the retailers are hearing projections from L6.  I'm not saying that it is strictly an L6 issue, but they 100% absolutely should be giving us updates.

This is a fun and informative forum.  I appreciate everything Line6 Tony and Digital Igloo do here as well.  Somebody in procurement needs to communicate a realistic, somewhat transparent update on these delays.  The retailers are getting hammered by PO'd customers and I'm sure they would appreciate the assist from their vendor.  At this point we are past unreliable and venturing in to unprofessional.

I am sure that there is a reason for the delays! Either a production problem or a parts shortage. They would be shipping them if they could.

Well there's a reason for everything...but good luck finding out what it is. Truth is hard to come by.

It's so easy to get burned ordering things that aren't in stock, I gave it up years ago. Just wait it out...sooner or later, you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a Helix. Then I'll place my order, it'll show up in a few days, and I won't need to up the dose of my blood pressure meds.

Thanks for replying!

You would think so, but nope!

All I get is a keypad to enter a PIN...

Do you have a Monkey account?  If so, that is what they're asking for.  If not, box it and ship it back as it is likely a returned unit that already has a Monkey account attached to it.

I am sure that there is a reason for the delays!  Either a production problem or a parts shortage.  They would be shipping them if they could.

Yeah, there is a reason for the delays.  But we should be kept up to speed on it.  They should pin the topic and allow consistent updates, including the occasional Mia Culpa, to keep those of us waiting somewhat informed.

I think its a blessing as it means I can cancel my order now after finding out that there is a lot of stuff wrong with this version of helix. I wonder if it is planned obsolesence a la hd500 to hd500x were they added more chip power to make more complex presets to use more FX? The spillover problem is one I am upset about and the slow preset switching is as well. I think I am just going to cancel my order and get an axe fx or kemper instead probably the axe. 

My American musical order now says shipped awaiting tracking number and in warehouse being packed. The date for more units has been pushed from 1211 to 1214. Not sure what this means hopefully they got in more units because if they ship me one that's been restocked I am going to be quite irritated This is something American musical is done to me in the past where I got a guitar that clearly had been opened completely mistuned and had serious neck problems. I will assume for now that new helix units arrived on Friday

My American musical order now says shipped awaiting tracking number and in warehouse being packed. The date for more units has been pushed from 1211 to 1214. Not sure what this means hopefully they got in more units because if they ship me one that's been restocked I am going to be quite irritated This is something American musical is done to me in the past where I got a guitar that clearly had been opened completely mistuned and had serious neck problems. I will assume for now that new helix units arrived on Friday

My zzounds order still says backordered. When did you order?