Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi FX100 with other pedals

Psychoomantiss

Hi. So i'm planning on buying AMplifi FX100 in 2 days and i got one question.

I already have a pedal board with some very expensive pedals that i want to keep using such as distoriton. So my question is, can i plug all of it together?

Like my guitar to volume pedal to a cry baby to a distortion, to amplifi FX 100, to a delay to a looper?

Sorry Psyco.... Can I call you Psycho? Haha. That is actually a good question. I was having a difficult time running a distortion pedal after the Amplifi FX100. Its just didnt drive right so to speak yet when I soloed the distortion pedal it sounded great. The Amplifi must attenuate the output to guard against clipping. Someone else on here posted that you have to put the pedals before the Amplifi or run them or the Amplif through the effects loop of your amp. It takes alot of playing to get your best or prefered setup. The amplifi sounds completely different running through the PA than it does running through an amp like a big noticeable difference due to most of the presets running amp and cab sims. Matter of fact the most interesting difference was when I was trying to run the tubescreamer in one of the preset. I just could not get it to sound right. Then I ran it only through the PA and everything sounded better. Now all of that being said I still run mine to an amp. Then I mic my amp. I love my FX100 so much I am saving up for the Firehawk. Hope this long drawn out explanation helps. Good luck!

Hey! Well actually that's my nickname, but wouldn't get through when i registred xD

So yeah , logically, distrotion should be before the amplifi anyway, can't get a good sound if modulations and delays and so are modifiyng the sound before it gets distorted.

I guess i'll try it anyway, and i'll keep you posted. Gettin the amplifi tomorrow morning.