Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 cable method no sound after effects loop

michaelhope

I've been working on this for a few hours and no luck. I have my 5150 iii amp head and the pod hd pro utilizing the 4 cable method. I have verified that I have set it up correctly a million times. I have the effect loop on. The issue i have is, any effect put before the effects loop work fin, any effects after the loop I do not hear a thing.No delay, no reverb etc. This is driving me mad. I placed the effect loop before/after the mixer, boasted the level etc with no results.

Anybody else run into this issue, any insight would be much appreciated.

i will also add i have done the 4 cable method successfully with the digitech rp1000 for years with no problems, not sure what i am missing here.

cheers,

I've been working on this for a few hours and no luck. I have my 5150 iii amp head and the pod hd pro utilizing the 4 cable method. I have verified that I have set it up correctly a million times. I have the effect loop on. The issue i have is, any effect put before the effects loop work fin, any effects after the loop I do not hear a thing.No delay, no reverb etc. This is driving me mad. I placed the effect loop before/after the mixer, boasted the level etc with no results.

i will also add i have done the 4 cable method successfully with the digitech rp1000 for years with no problems, not sure what i am missing here.

cheers,

I don't own a HD PRO, but on the 500X you can pinch off the signal at the amp. This would result in hearing none of the effects after the amp including the looper if that is where it is located. This is the only thing I can think of as to why you would hear all the effects located before the amp and none after.

I don't own a HD PRO, but on the 500X you can pinch off the signal at the amp. This would result in hearing none of the effects after the amp including the looper if that is where it is located. This is the only thing I can think of as to why you would hear all the effects located before the amp and none after.

hey thanks for the response, but what does "pinch off the signal at the amp" mean? What do i need to do exactly?

thanks,

When I set up a patch in HDEdit using one or more DT amps, there is a drop down list for each amp that allows a specific DT to sound just the L, just the right, both L & R or even mute that DT. One other option in that drop down list is Amp A or Amp B. That setting pinches off the signal at that amp and sends it out from that point. The signal never reaches the post amp effects. I hope I said that in an understandable way.

Just an update: I use L6 Link when making these settings and I have only used the 4 cable method a few times with the 500X. It was the first thing I thought of after reading your description. Sorry if it does not apply to your situation.

Edited by CipherHost

cheers,

Question; How do you have the "mix" setting in the FX loop set?

If remember correctly I was right around 50%. If it's mixed 100% it's all FX Loop and nothing else. Not sure if what comes after is still mixed at 100%. I'll have to check it out again. Update: Just checked by putting a delay after the FX Loop with the drums on and they were effected.​ Maybe you do have an issue.

I was just using a BeatBuddy in my HD500's FX Loop and was at 50% with the FX Loop's mix and used the "return" level to adjust the drums level. Then I placed a Studio EQ after the FX Loop and it works great. Keep in mind with my set up I'm only going into the L and R FX Return with the drums and there's nothing plugged into the "Send".

Hope you get it fixed up!

Link to example of my patch > http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1452203/

Well that was painful however i finally got everything to work! Death by a thousand cuts i think was the issue. The effects loop had to be set to 100%. The mixer left and right channel had to be both set to center. The pod hd master volume needed to be up at around 50%. The return of the effects loop had to be brought down to 15%. and finally the pod hd had to be set to line.instead of stomp.

essentially many hours of trial and error figuring out the right combination, now all have to do is start playing with all these effects in my amp now weeeeee..................

thanks for all your help.

• Upvote 1