Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to Helix - Uploading Patches and Editor

jrvinsky

Hey Guys  - just got my Helix a few days ago, and have a question I hope someone can answer. Is there an editor software available similiar to the HD line, and what is the best was to upload patches to the Helix.

I connected my Helix to my MacBook via USB, and it didn't recognize it at all. Wasn't sure how to get some newer custom patches I received from a freind uploaded to my Helix.

Thanks.

Hey Guys  - just got my Helix a few days ago, and have a question I hope someone can answer. Is there an editor software available similiar to the HD line, and what is the best was to upload patches to the Helix.

I connected my Helix to my MacBook via USB, and it didn't recognize it at all. Wasn't sure how to get some newer custom patches I received from a freind uploaded to my Helix.

Thanks.

Make sure you go to the Line6 Downloads page and get the Helix application and the Updater if you want the latest firmware version at http://line6.com/software/. The Helix app is more of a librarian than an editor, but between the app and the firmware update, it should allow the OS to see your Helix. The editor will be out at a yet undisclosed date according to L6.

Hey mate, congrats on your new helix!
At the moment, the full editor is still in development. However, you can upload/download patches to your helix as well as IRs with the Helix Editor software that's up now. Its fairly basic, but fortunately the helix is so damn easy to edit on it isn't too painful of a wait ;)

If your Mac is on El Capitan, it may have some issues with Helix. I had to download the drivers for the helix to work on my pc so maybe try that? (im not sure how mac OS works to be honest haha)

• 3 weeks later...

I am also New to Helix! I have the Firmware Updates completed, But not sure where to Find the "Editor Software"! Very Easy on my HD 500 and other Line 6 Products, just a bit confused with the Helix! I see some very Interesting Patches in the Custom Tone pages. Just dont know how to get them to my Helix!

Can anyone help?

I am also New to Helix! I have the Firmware Updates completed, But not sure where to Find the "Editor Software"! Very Easy on my HD 500 and other Line 6 Products, just a bit confused with the Helix! I see some very Interesting Patches in the Custom Tone pages. Just dont know how to get them to my Helix!

Can anyone help?

What operating system are you using?

Go here:  http://line6.com/software/index.html and in the drop down menus choose Helix - Helix - your operating system.  Then dowload the Helix application.

Can anyone help?

The editor is not out yet, just a librarian. You can load patches and send them to the unit if you want.

Honestly, I can't see why the editor is going to be much of a need here. It's just going to be the front panel of the unit on your computer. This unit is way easier to edit than my HD 500 and I've only been at it for a few hours!

I've Downloaded the Line 6 Updater, and have the newest Firmware Update for Helix for Windows 10> I just don't under stand how to Copy a Patch from Custom Tone to my Helix!

I'm sure I am making it much harder than it actually is!

1. Open the Helix App (you did not mention this so if you have not downloaded and installed it yet you will need to). You can't use the Updater to install presets.
  2. First do an "Export Bundle" so you have a backup in case you overwrite something by accident.
  3. I download the preset from CustomTone to the .../Line6/Tones/Helix/Presets directory. Alternatively you could probably just navigate from the Helix App  to wherever you download the CustomTone to.
  4. Press the "Import" link in the Helix App (about halfway down). Make sure you have the preset slot selected that you want to load your CustomTone to so you don't overwrite a preset you want to keep. You want the "Import" link, NOT the "Import Bundle" or "Import Setlist" link.
  5. Navigate to the preset you downloaded and hit OK. Your new preset should be loaded.

The editor is not out yet, just a librarian. You can load patches and send them to the unit if you want.

Honestly, I can't see why the editor is going to be much of a need here. It's just going to be the front panel of the unit on your computer. This unit is way easier to edit than my HD 500 and I've only been at it for a few hours!

No doubt that editing directly on the Helix is very easy and intuitive.  The only need for an editor for me is to save having to bend over and do the editing, or optionally putting the Helix on your desk.  But then you can't easily operate the footswitches.  Its either bend over to make edits, or put on your desk, put then you have to stop playing to press the footswitches with your hands.  It's workable for sure, but I for one will use the editor quite a bit once its available.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help?

I have been Trying to figure out how to download Patches from Custom Tone?? I have been able to do the Updates Using the Line 6 Updater but Cannot get the Helix App to Run on my PC. Keep Getting: " Load Library Failed- Error 1114. Dynamic Link Library(DLL) initialization routine failed!"

Can't get past this!!

Any Suggestions?? Running Windows 10 on my PC!

Can anyone help?

Hello

JUst got my Helix and upgraded to V1.06.5, all went perfect, i have a custom preset tat i want to istall without loosing the factory preset, could someone let me know if this possible?

KR

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Comment from PeterHamm regarding the editor to be released.

Comment from ncockerill regarding the editor to be released.

No doubt that editing directly on the Helix is very easy and intuitive. The only need for an editor for me is to save having to bend over and do the editing, or optionally putting the Helix on your desk. But then you can't easily operate the footswitches. Its either bend over to make edits, or put on your desk, put then you have to stop playing to press the footswitches with your hands. It's workable for sure, but I for one will use the editor quite a bit once its available.

ToooooShaaaay ncockerill ! Me too ! I couldn't agree with you more!

I use the PC to edit all my gear. Most of the time the equipment I am using is too far away in a rack elsewhere. I can tell by the comments from the L6 moderators they don't like any negative opinions regarding their baby.

I just received my Helix rack & although the screen is fairly large I find the Joystick a pain in the butt because you tend to bump a setting every time you are on your way to make another adjustment. The Joystick is not very comfortable either. L6 neglected to add 4 outer touch pads at the end of each direction to make life easier for navigation. Would have been better to have Bluetooth & edit this with an iPad or an iPhone. It's also too bad that the screen is not touch sensitive because then we wouldn't need the Joystick at all. I guess that will be re-leased in "Helix on Steroids" or "Grown Up Helix" or whatever incarnation it is released in next! They will make it eventually & I for one will be buying in to it!

Anyway, I still think it's a big step forward for L6 & thanks for all your hard work guys! We can live with it.

• 3 months later...

I have been Trying to figure out how to download Patches from Custom Tone?? I have been able to do the Updates Using the Line 6 Updater but Cannot get the Helix App to Run on my PC. Keep Getting: " Load Library Failed- Error 1114. Dynamic Link Library(DLL) initialization routine failed!"

Can't get past this!!

Any Suggestions?? Running Windows 10 on my PC!

Heya,

If you haven't solved this problem yet, I just figured out how, and I made a forum post here: http://line6.com/support/topic/21568-error-1114-dynamic-link-library-dll-intialization-routine-failed/