Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD FARM 2.59 / UX1 / WINDOWS 10

koquinn

I wanted to give a heads up to everyone upgrading to Windows 10. You may or may not experience this. You'll need your original disc and you'll need to backup all of your tones from the tone folder.

I upgraded my machine, DELL XPS 8100 to Windows 10 and proceeded to record many times with my UX1 and POD FARM 2.55 with no problems. I decide to see if there was and update with LINE 6 MONKEY, there was an update to 2.59 along with Line 6 Drivers v4.2.7. I proceeded with the upgrade and damn if it didn't screw things up. I tried to open POD FARM 2.59 and kept getting "the application has failed error." I checked the LICENSE MANAGER and all was ok, I checked the new windows DEFENDER to see if it was the issue even by manually allowing POD FARM to access the internet, among all other kinds of crap. This happened over 3 installs and removals and calling LINE 6 SUPPORT, They were nice and tried to help  but they just told me to do what I had already done, then went with the,"IT HAS TO BE ON YOUR END" thing.

This is how I fixed it(or got it working), I cant say it would work for you. So do on your own merit.

Finally I decided to uninstall everything again, with the LINE 6 UNINSTALLER, go to REGEDIT and find everything to do with LINE 6 and delete it, then everything to do with POD FARM and delete it. (SOME THINGS WILL NOT DELETE, JUST BYPASS) ,,,RESTART THE PC, then put in the original disk and loaded the UX1 drivers only and restated again. Next  loaded POD FARM 2.55 and all other programs like LINE MONKEY and LICENSE MANAGER from that disc. RESTARTED again. Everything worked fine!

If you experience the problem of your machine not loading the drivers for the UX1 properly, meaning you cant see it in SOUND properties, go into DEVICE MANAGER, you'll see a YELLOW triangle by it, just click on properties and have it search your machine for the drivers. It should load them and then it should work. I hope this helps. JUST SO YOU KNOW I DID TRY TO UPGRADE AGAIN TO THE NEW DRIVERS AND POD FARM AND IT JUST WOULDN'T WORK. So Im fine with the Original version. Still using the same tones....

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...