Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

impedance of headphones for a HD 500 X ?

casteljf

hello

sorry for may english .. i am french

I am looking for a headphone for my hd 500 X

I've noticed those :

- AKG K 242 HD

- Casque Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

The first one seems to be around : 55 ohm

the second : from 30 to 250 OHM

I found a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm or only 60 € ..

does it work correctly with a hd 500 X  or do I need a lower impedance ?

thank you by advance

casteljf

This has been debated before, and others are bound to disagree, but I really don't think it matters one way or the other. Despite the official specs calling for higher impedance cans, I use a pair of AKG 240S @ 55 ohms. They sound great, they're only ~$100, and the wire which is always the first thing to crap out on any pair of headphones, is replaceable for a few bucks. As long as you don't crank the volume so high that they start to smoke, they should last essentially forever...but there are lots of nice headphones out there, and as long as you get a pair with a fairly flat response, it should be fine.

Those Beyerdynamics are really nice. I use Bose AE Headphones a lot, they're like my beaters. I think the Ohmage on them is 32-35 or so. They work great for me. I also have 1 set of Beyers 990 open back in the high ohm range and like them too. I even use the "Ear Candy" ear plugs sometimes, man those sound great too, lol. It's amazing how far headphones and ear plugs have come.

I was just "Fun Playing" using the Bose AE's. Here's the results

Edited by Brazzy