Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dream Stage + Dream Rig and Recording

For those considering the MD20 mixer, I've been using it for 2 years, and in my opinion the killer app is dead-simple multitrack recording.

I've been using the MD20 + 2 L2T + 2 L2M as my sound system at church for about 2 years, and I also have a JTV69 + HD500 + DT25 Dream Rig, featured on this tune.  Here's a recording of a modern rock song I wrote for my 5-piece band (piano, bass, drums, guitar/vox, cello), all recorded through the MD20 and mixed with Logic, mastered with Ozone.  Now that I've created some presets in Logic, the workflow is very simple from stage to recording, with a few hours turnaround.  I write a new tune once a month, and at the end of the year I've got a live album of new songs.  

Here's the latest, "The Stones (Will Fall)"

You can hearthe first album I recorded live with the MD20 here as well: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davemartinandthegipcband2

Any questions about this?  I'm happy to answer. 

Dave 

http://www.shinyheadmusic.com

One of the most amazing things about the M20D is how easy and painless it makes it to record your gigs at a really high quality level.  For better or worse I record almost every live gig I do, and a lot of times we use it at practice to figure stuff out.

Additionally, the recording helped me figure out what was going on with the inputs when I was having input issues.  It was almost impossible to diagnose live in the heat of the moment, but when reviewing the wav files it was easy to see what was going on.