Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

importing setlest not consistent

bull1030

As you can see from the pic I only had 2 spaces  to the next bank. When I imported that set to another setlist it sorta shrunk. This time it oddly dropped the last 2 patches. However it only shows the first bonomassa patch still there but moved. Helix shows the other 2 patches under bonomassa but all 3 are totally empty. Their original positions still has the patch no labeled new preset. No offense guys but I figured after 3 plus updates this hiccup would be fixed.  Not a deal breaker but super annoying.

post-1390360-0-63743200-1448594756_thumb.jpg

post-1390360-0-56069900-1448594774_thumb.jpg

yep, I also had this problem... backed up my presets before updating to 1.04.1 and then reloaded the patches, some presets where completely blank, even though the name was right, the presets contained nothing. Lost two of my favourite sounds that way :(

Double check the "blank" spots in the list - it looks like the presets themselves get separated from the names. You might be lucky and find your lost presets in slots that supposedly have nothing in them ("New Preset").

I had the same thing happen. The presets are still there in the same places, just the names slipped off the plate, so to speak. I think they will fix it, when it bubbles to the top of their pile. Luckily, I was able to rename the patches by using the Helix app and cutting & pasting the text from the names in the wrong slots to the right slots.

I am going to try a few tactics, first will try just putting a different name than "New Preset", then if that doesn't work, will create a minimal preset as a place holder. It seems to me, it either "doesn't like" empty presets or the New Preset name itself....

Dave

When you save a set list it doesn't recognize the "New Preset" and writes other presets in that slot but keeps the "New Preset" name which offsets the labeling.

Sooooo..... if you have any empty presets rename them (I put in one effect and save them as BLANK) and your set list will save correctly.

• 1 month later...

It is still happening with the actual version of heli application. I lost all my patches yesterday. The names where there but all empty. Some names where shifted to different setlist. I could safe 4-5 patches, all others have gone to nirvana. I have done a backup of the whole bundle and of the most important setlist but can't import them with the patches working. Everything is empty or patches are there but only have of the effects - it is really crazy.

Interesting enough that the factory presets and templates aren't touched at all.

Thanks to god I have saved the most important patches as single files (if not all but at least the best). No problems importing single files.

Hopefully the next version has adressed this issue. As for now I do not feel safe using this program.

Maybe an official statement that this is a known bug Line6? :angry:

It's things like this that I keep reading about that's gotten me in the habit of backing up setlists, and individual patches. When they release the editor, I hope there is an offline mode that allows you to extract individual patches from setlists. If not, they really should think about that.

It's things like this that I keep reading about that's gotten me in the habit of backing up setlists, and individual patches. When they release the editor, I hope there is an offline mode that allows you to extract individual patches from setlists. If not, they really should think about that.

I've done the backups but what are they worth if they aren't done right. I have made two backups of the whole bundle within a few hours because I was working on refining some sounds. I can import them but all sounds are eighter empty or only half of the effects there. In addition it messes up with the setlists. Some are imported in the wrong setlist (empty or broken) - The empty setlist I had is now full with one and the same patch on all slots. It is not funny.

I'm fine because I had only a few sounds that I made on my own and have most of them as single files (10 files) - the others I got from custome tone and factory presets I adjusted to my taste. So not a big lost but I'll certainly never import a whole setlist or bundle again until this bug is fixed - only single patches to be safe