Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Marshall JVM Channel Switching

ringo05

Hi Guys,

So I have finally purchased myself a new Helix. I ordered it yesterday so it wont be here for another couple of days and the anticipation is killing me.

Anyway..... what I am wondering is if anyone has tried or knows if switching channels on the Marshall JVM410H is possible using the Helix? 

I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find any information about it.  

Yeah I have used midi on my old TC Nova system to change channels before but when using a midi cable there was a significant delay in the channel switching, like up to 1-1.5sec.

What I am wondering is if I can plug into the 1/4" footswitch jack on the helix and assign switches on the helix to change channels on the amp, just as I do on my stock JVM footswitch? 

Yes I have a JVMHJS  it's a piece of cake with a midi cable.....read the manual but basically set the channel you want and the way you want it with reverb, loop, etc. on the jvm front panel on a standard JVM, and double tap midi /footswitch button until it blinks quickly and then press the program you want on the Helix and it will be stored.

Yes I have a JVMHJS  it's a piece of cake with a midi cable.....read the manual but basically set the channel you want and the way you want it with reverb, loop, etc. on the jvm front panel on a standard JVM, and double tap midi /footswitch button until it blinks quickly and then press the program you want on the Helix and it will be stored.

Thanks sonikimage, do you notice much of a gap when switching channels that way?

Ok so I got my Helix yesterday! Woop woop!! :D

Now..... I have been busy all day, setting up patches, from scratch.

I have set my Helix up using the 4CM method and MIDI cable as well to change channels on my JVM.

The one problem I am having is..... I cant seem to send midi commands when I'm in pedal mode. I can send a midi command when I'm in preset mode so that when I change presets it will change channels, reverb, master vol, FX loop, on my amp but I want to be able to switch between my amp and helix preamp within pedal mode. 

How do I send midi commands to the amp when in pedal mode?  :wacko:

I cant seem to send midi commands when I'm in pedal mode. I can send a midi command when I'm in preset mode so that when I change presets it will change channels, reverb, master vol, FX loop, on my amp but I want to be able to switch between my amp and helix preamp within pedal mode. 

How do I send midi commands to the amp when in pedal mode?

I cant seem to send midi commands when I'm in pedal mode. I can send a midi command when I'm in preset mode so that when I change presets it will change channels, reverb, master vol, FX loop, on my amp but I want to be able to switch between my amp and helix preamp within pedal mode.

How do I send midi commands to the amp when in pedal mode?

I believe you can configure a pedal to send MIDI via the "Command Center" in the global menu.

Cheers.

I believe you can configure a pedal to send MIDI via the "Command Center" in the global menu.

Cheers.

I have been into command centre and tried to assign a foot switch with midi so that I can switch channels on the amp but nothing is happening. Only when I'm in preset mode will it accept a midi command by changing presets. 

Can anyone help me with this??

For the life of me, I can not figure out how to send a midi message from the Helix to my Marshall JVM410h within a preset. (in pedal/stomp mode)

I have been successful in sending messages from Helix to JVM when changing presets but not when I'm in pedal mode. I tried going into the command centre and assigning a foot switch to send midi but nothing....   :huh: it's got me stumped!!

I have ditched my DT25  Marshall cabinet in favor of Helix into the board and folding back into Line 6 L3t. I have never been happier with my sound, tones, and ability to hear without destroying the entire audience. Thank you Line 6 for your amazing innovations. I have been a Line 6 user all the way back to owning one of the first Axsys 212 with floorboard. I had serious problems but Line 6 support stood by me and even gave me a new amp. Kudos to Line 6!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was having a similar problem with my 5150III. Changing the command type to bank/program vs midi cc was what solved the problem for me. I hope this helps.

Sorry for the late reply, been on holidays.

Thanks tmntshredder, that is exactly what I was after, works a treat!

• 1 year later...

I was having a similar problem with my 5150III. Changing the command type to bank/program vs midi cc was what solved the problem for me. I hope this helps.

Hi all, have the same problem, Which menu I have to select to adapt this?

Thanks!

juRo

Hi all,

I found the menu. Unfortunately the funtionality only works in stomp box mode. In the main settibngs I selected snapshots/ presets. So in the top row I always can select the snapshots. Goal so is to assign a midi program change on the snap shop foot switches. Is this possible?

The gaps between patches are so uge: Even my old Boss GT10 handles this in a better way. I was wondering that this unit can not handle this in a better way?! Could this be improved by a new firmware?

Thanks!

JuRo