Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Really peculiar, very specific noise issue with M9

bobchurchworship

A friend just picked up a used M9 from GC. Great price at about $215 landed.

But it has a weird issue: When the Spring or '63 Spring reverb is first in the chain, there is a constant, unbearable crackling static noise. It doesn't matter if the effect is engaged or bypassed, or if the signal goes L-R or R-L. I believe I went through every effect, and there's no other problem with any other effect, including the rest of the reverbs, and only when in the first spot.  

Since it's unlikely that reverb would be first in the signal anyway, it wouldn't affect the useability, but he's probably returning it anyway.  

Any idea what would cause it?

• 1 month later...

Yep. It came from Davenport. Since I don't figure Line 6 will respond, I'm sending it back too. This is the second broken one that I've returned and seen Guitar Center resell it again.

I had bought it from another store.  Your local GC (if you have one) will return gear shipped from another store.  

I told them about the issue, and they just returned it, no questions asked.  They didn't even fire it up to see the issue.  Since it was defective, they returned my shipping, too.  Can't believe they just resold it.  At any rate, you should just take it to your local store and save yourself the shipping.