Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NO More HELIX

alanrideout

Very sadly today i recieved an e mail on behalf of YAMAHA EUROPE top management 

Dear Mr Rideout,Thank you for your e-mail regarding Line 6 Helix.I have spoken to one of my colleagues, who has been discussing this with our top management in Europe, and he has asked me to let you know that unfortunately, we have no current information regarding inventory; and are unable to confirm if and when stock will arrive.We appreciate and share your frustration on the lack of information and will definitely update all dealers with stock eta as and when able.Please accept our apologies for the status of this product and we hope to be in a position to supply this soon.Thank you for contacting Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK).Kind regards,Alison OsbornYamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK)Sherbourne DriveTilbrookMilton KeynesMK7 8BLTel: +44 (0) 1908 366700www.uk.yamaha.com  SO THERE WE ARE ITS ALL OVER..........Happy Christmas to you all

Well im also in the UK and resigned to not being able to get a Helix till the new year, but to be honest, with the issues with them at the moment im kind of glad to hold out as i cant be having it failing at functions especially with the Christmas / new year gigs..

so i decided to get a Variax JTV 69 instead , and hopefully when the Helix is more readily available i can sell the other kidney to fund it :)

but then i ordered that as "in stock " only to find out it isnt and its got to come from Yamaha Europe.

damn my luck

Waiting stinks, good call on the guitar, I was lucky and got both the guitar and the Helix and they work great together, sounds amazing and having a Strat neck pickup on one preset then BAM Les Paul bridge pickup on the next..... sweetness!

I was pretty frustrated at first with the Helix app problems and the FW update problems, it has been pretty solid for me since 1.03 however so it should be really good by the time you get it!

Well im also in the UK and resigned to not being able to get a Helix till the new year, but to be honest, with the issues with them at the moment im kind of glad to hold out as i cant be having it failing at functions especially with the Christmas / new year gigs..

so i decided to get a Variax JTV 69 instead , and hopefully when the Helix is more readily available i can sell the other kidney to fund it :)

but then i ordered that as "in stock " only to find out it isnt and its got to come from Yamaha Europe.

damn my luck

Issues? No issues here. Maybe if you've updated to El Capitan on a Mac, but then that's an issue with not being very patient like a good audio person should, no issue with Helix. Memes are powerful!

• Upvote 1

Very sadly today i recieved an e mail on behalf of YAMAHA EUROPE top management 

Dear Mr Rideout,Thank you for your e-mail regarding Line 6 Helix.I have spoken to one of my colleagues, who has been discussing this with our top management in Europe, and he has asked me to let you know that unfortunately, we have no current information regarding inventory; and are unable to confirm if and when stock will arrive.We appreciate and share your frustration on the lack of information and will definitely update all dealers with stock eta as and when able.Please accept our apologies for the status of this product and we hope to be in a position to supply this soon.Thank you for contacting Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK).Kind regards,Alison OsbornYamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK)Sherbourne DriveTilbrookMilton KeynesMK7 8BLTel: +44 (0) 1908 366700www.uk.yamaha.com  SO THERE WE ARE ITS ALL OVER..........Happy Christmas to you all

My sympathies go out to all who are waiting. May their wait be a short one. It is worth it! One consolation may be that the Helix appears to be in high demand and selling a lot of units will probably translate into the resources for L6 to provide many enhancements and additional amp/cabs/effects and IRs over the life of the unit. Go Helix!

My sympathies go out to all who are waiting. May their wait be a short one. It is worth it! One consolation may be that the Helix appears to be in high demand and selling a lot of units will probably translate into the resources for L6 to provide many enhancements and additional amp/cabs/effects and IRs over the life of the unit. Go Helix!

totally. DI said not too long ago, they were working some bugs out, then full speed ahead on more content for the unit.

Transparent communication is not one of their strengths i guess.
My favorite store had some but now it is unavailable again. Didn't want to buy it online and planed to go there over christmas to try it out (200km away). Hopefully they'll get some in stock until then.

I was one of the first to get mine and I have to say what an absolutely brilliant bit of kit it is, any forum members in the Oxford area are more than welcome to pop over and have an extended play through my setup, just to make sure you are doing the right thing. Trust me, after playing it and realising how easy it is to use, you'll be sold.