Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

klangmaler

Yeah, I can't believe they didn't expect to move a bunch of units at the outset and have more ready to go... My order went from 11/20 to 12/11...which, it seems will probably be pushed back again considering GC and MF share inventory... Bought myself a Christmas present in before Thanksgiving and I probably won't have it till Valentine's Day.

I think they were actually really surprised at the response. There really wasn't anything in a comparable price-point in the mainstream modeling market, so I think they wanted to see how response would be. From what I've heard it's far exceeded even their most optimistic expectations.

So even though it does suck that some people are having to wait, I think ultimately it will mean better things for owners down the road. Line 6 is certainly going to have strong incentive to continue to put resources into the product.

Don't fret my friends!!! GC still had not shown that the stock had been received in the main warehouse when mine was received in the store and I had preorderd and paid for it back in the beginning of August and I finally got mine the end of October... and a BIG YES as for it IS worth the wait!!! You won't be disappointed....

also it was more than 30 days past the first estimated availability but Line 6 had not given a release date either at that point.

I think they were actually really surprised at the response.

Well, looking into a crystal ball?

Still a lot to do for the L6 team, actually (so this unit could be better than with an highly developed firmware and editor)...

Anyway, patience could be an option, I think!

Anyway, patience could be an option, I think!

I have no issue with there being delays. But my patience is none when a retailer takes $1500 of my dollars and gives a ship date, then another ship date...then another ship date. I'd rather have them say "We can't tell you when you'll receive your unit, but you are #XXX on the list of current orders" and then update my position in waiting instead of BS, made-up availability dates.

I have no issue with there being delays. But my patience is none when a retailer takes $1500 of my dollars and gives a ship date, then another ship date...then another ship date. I'd rather have them say "We can't tell you when you'll receive your unit, but you are #XXX on the list of current orders" and then update my position in waiting instead of BS, made-up availability dates.

Wow.  Sweetwater gave me an estimated ship date of late November when I ordered the Helix at the end of September.

They did not charge my credit card until they shipped (I would not have ordered it otherwise).

They shipped it a day or two before they said they would!

And, yes, it's well worth waiting for.

But my patience is none when a retailer takes $1500 of my dollars and gives a ship date

(Sorry, but who gave $ 1500 to the retailer?) I had that risky situation, too. But I was quite aware of it - and now some have to wait for wait for 'the better manufacturing quote'.

They did not charge my credit card

This should be fair enough and normal...

I had one on order and couldnt wait any longer. I got lucky and found one on eBay for just a hair over the new price was used for an eval. Still had the protective tape on the scribble scripts. I'm NOT good at waiting. This thing is worth the wait if you have to. OMG, it sounds and responds amazingly.