Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

default to display 10 instant access stomps upon loading preset?

aggravation

I use the option to have 10 switches/scribble strips set for instant access and then step on the Mode switch if I want to get to the Bank switches to change presets.

I'd like that to be the default arrangement once a preset is selected instead of having to hit the Mode switch to get there every time I load a preset....

It might seem like a minor thing but for a device that is so well thought out the option for that feature being absent is really aggravating.

Is that possible to do in a future update? Chime in here fellow Helix acolytes if you too would like that as an option. I'll make a post to the IdeaScale site if I'm not alone in this desire.

I use the option to have 10 switches/scribble strips set for instant access and then step on the Mode switch if I want to get to the Bank switches to change presets.

I'd like that to be the default arrangement once a preset is selected instead of having to hit the Mode switch to get there every time I load a preset....

It might seem like a minor thing but for a device that is so well thought out the option for that feature being absent is really aggravating.

Is that possible to do in a future update? Chime in here fellow Helix acolytes if you too would like that as an option. I'll make a post to the IdeaScale site if I'm not alone in this desire.

I think this is a great idea and the easiest way to implement it might be that if a preset is saved in "stompbox" mode (8/10 assigned footswitches available) it would come up in "stompbox" mode when that preset is selected.  Please put the idea in IdeaScale, you have my vote.

• 2 months later...

Bump!

I really like having 10 switches in stomp mode, but changing to another preset in the same bank should only take two switches, not three.

This really bugs me, but it should be easy to do in a firmware update.

Please vote: Default to 10 switches/IA's upon selecting preset

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Default-to-10-switches-IA-s-upon-selecting-preset/796488-23508

If you hit bank up or whatever to get to those 10 patches instead of 8, how do you travel up and down through banks, though? you lose the bank up and down, plus it would mean perhaps extensive re-working of the logic behind patches, as they are organized into 4s now.

Logically, I think this idea would not work well.

I think this is a great idea and the easiest way to implement it might be that if a preset is saved in "stompbox" mode (8/10 assigned footswitches available) it would come up in "stompbox" mode when that preset is selected.  Please put the idea in IdeaScale, you have my vote.

If you hit bank up or whatever to get to those 10 patches instead of 8, how do you travel up and down through banks, though? you lose the bank up and down, plus it would mean perhaps extensive re-working of the logic behind patches, as they are organized into 4s now.

Logically, I think this idea would not work well.

My proposal changes nothing in the current Helix operation, it simply allows the preset to come up in the same mode in which it was saved.

My proposal changes nothing in the current Helix operation, it simply allows the preset to come up in the same mode in which it was saved.

Oh, I get ya now. I'd like to see a global option that says if I click the mode button to switch patches, when I've selected a patch, it ALWAYS immediately goes back to stomp box mode. I think that was on ideascale once, too.

The way HD 500 works.