Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack and Control—New Pricing

Digital_Igloo

Helix Rack is now $1399 (MSRP/MAP).

Helix Control is now $399 (MSRP/MAP).

The reasons are two-fold:

• The latest manufacturing quote ended up lower than expected (which almost never happens!)
  • Helix Rack and Helix Control really should be used together, as a large part of the user experience relies on scribble strips, cap-sense footswitches, and Pedal Edit mode. In fact, the Helix Rack Users Manual and Cheat Sheet assume one has purchased both. I really, really pushed for a separate $1799 Helix Rack/Control bundle for users who wanted both, but an additional SKU wasn't in the cards. We ran the numbers with some fuzzy math and realized it was doable without special bundle pricing. From where I'm sitting, it's an incentive to get people to use Helix Rack and Helix Control together

If you've already preordered Helix Rack, with or without Helix Control, the new pricing will be applied to your order. All authorized Helix dealers have been informed of the change; if a website hasn't been updated yet, please be patient.

t5gy18h.png

• The latest manufacturing quote ended up lower than expected (which almost never happens!)
  • Helix Rack and Helix Control really should be used together, as a large part of the user experience relies on scribble strips, cap-sense footswitches, and Pedal Edit mode. In fact, the Helix Rack Users Manual and Cheat Sheet assume one has purchased both. I really, really pushed for a separate $1799 Helix Rack/Control bundle for users who wanted both, but an additional SKU wasn't in the cards. We ran the numbers with some fuzzy math and realized it was doable without special bundle pricing. From where I'm sitting, it's an incentive to get people to use Helix Rack and Helix Control together
If you've already preordered Helix Rack, with or without Helix Control, the new pricing will be applied to your order. All authorized Helix dealers have been informed of the change; if a website hasn't been updated yet, please be patient.

t5gy18h.png

I respect your honesty, but you'll never get to be CEO this way ;)

"Incentive" is easily manufactured...first, don't advertise all that info. Second, leave the MSRPs right where they were, and THEN advertise your "bundle". You could sell a metric ton of $h*t-covered brussels sprouts at a BBQ competition with this method...people will buy absolutely anything if they think they're getting a deal. Did everyone enjoy Cyber-Monday?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled holiday madness...;)

I respect your honesty, but you'll never get to be CEO this way ;)

"Incentive" is easily manufactured...first, don't advertise all that info. Second, leave the MSRPs right where they were, and THEN advertise your "bundle". You could sell a metric ton of $h*t-covered brussels sprouts at a BBQ competition with this method...people will buy absolutely anything if they think they're getting a deal. Did everyone enjoy Cyber-Monday?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled holiday madness... ;)

Chuckle, you are so right from a marketing perspective cruisinon2. I too love DI's frankness and honesty, don't ever change man!

t5gy18h.png

this is pretty much the configuration I'll be running this with too! Only it'll be a 2:100 power amp, and minus that single space silver thing in the middle.  :D

• 8 months later...

t5gy18h.png

Hi Line6. After some investigation and tests I have decided to purchase the Helix Rack with foot controller in favor of the AxeFX. Your graphic user interface made me look again and again, you did an awesome job.

My question in this topic is: can you tell me kind of a device is used in the picture above (silver with the 10 jack connectors) 

I thought I new gear, but this one puzzles me, even though it might have no use next to the Helix and was put there for aesthetic reasons.

Thanks

Peter

The Netherlands

My question in this topic is: can you tell me kind of a device is used in the picture above (silver with the 10 jack connectors) 

I thought I new gear, but this one puzzles me, even though it might have no use next to the Helix and was put there for aesthetic reasons.

We borrowed one of Sean Halley's racks for the photo shoot. It's a Custom Audio Electronics switcher.