Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't access mono delays!

officersimpson

I use my Helix as an all-in-one FX solution for playing at my church.  I have been trying to set up multiple patches so that I have a variety of 'pedalboards' to choose from.  I recently noticed that when I assign all of my FX and amps (everything in the signal chain), I am selecting the 'mono' models, but when I reach the point where I am placing a delay and reverb at the end of the chain, the option to select 'mono' has been grayed out, and only the stereo models are available.  Additionally, some of the delays, (particularly the Multitap models, which I have seen online), are not even in the list of available delays!  I relay love the multitap delay effect, and I would love to put it in some of my patches, but it is not even an option, apparently!

I know this probably has nothing to do with the issue, but I am using a JTV-69S that is plugged in via CAT5 cable.

Here are my questions:

1)  Why can I only select the stereo delays and reverbs when everything that precedes them in my FX chain is mono?

2)  Where are my multitap delays?

I thought that maybe I had to turn my master outputs to mono, but I can't find an option to do that either!  Someone, please help!

There are no mono reverb models. As far as the delays, I don't know, that's weird. The stereo delays use more DSP than the mono ones, so I could see certain stereo ones being unavailable to you if you're coming close to the DSP ceiling. Are you sure you're not confusing the two? The multi-tap models, for instance, are only available in stereo. So if you're looking at the mono list, they wouldn't show up.