Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LED flickering - Should I send the unit back?

franklavigne

Hello,

Every since I got my Helix a few weeks ago (november 2015) that the LED screen over FS9 flickers (turns off and on rapidly) a few minutes after I turn on the unit and keeps flickering randomly. It sometimes stays off for a few seconds

I don't think this problem is firmware related because it started doing this with the original 1.0 firmware and subsequently with firmware 1.03 and 1.04.1.

I've tried several things to fix this problem like resetting (FS9 + FS10) the and powering off for a while but nothing works.

Should I send the unit back for repair?

Thanks,

F.

post-180020-0-08800800-1449116899_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Every since I got my Helix a few weeks ago (november 2015) that the LED screen over FS9 flickers (turns off and on rapidly) a few minutes after I turn on the unit and keeps flickering randomly. It sometimes stays off for a few seconds

I don't think this problem is firmware related because it started doing this with the original 1.0 firmware and subsequently with firmware 1.03 and 1.04.1.

I've tried several things to fix this problem like resetting (FS9 + FS10) the and powering off for a while but nothing works.

Thanks,

F.

Sounds unfortunately like it may be time to open a repair ticket with L6.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't think this problem is firmware related because it started doing this with the original 1.0 firmware and subsequently with firmware 1.03 and 1.04.1.

Thanks,

F.

Hey there Frank,

I just got a Helix, have only had it for a couple days and I seem to have that same issue, on a different strip. What did you end up doing to get it repaired or replaced?

Hey there Frank,

I just got a Helix, have only had it for a couple days and I seem to have that same issue, on a different strip. What did you end up doing to get it repaired or replaced?

The LED is still broken. Because of the holiday season I didn't sent it off for repair yet.

I'll drop off the unit at the store where I bought it and they will handle the repair / replacement for now.

I'll post any news with the repair / replacement process here...

Cheers.

• Upvote 1