Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix issues

ericjutsu

Anyone having any issues with the LAstudio compressor? When I have it last in my chain and save the preset and come back to it, the preset is at a much lower volume than with it bypassed even when it wasn't like that when I saved it (with the LAcompressor engaged.) I'm also having intermittent audio drop outs when using the Helix via SPDIF. Not just the Helix but audio for my computer in general. It's just for a second and then kicks back in. I'm using a Saffire Pro 40 audio interface and Windows 7. Both the Saffire and the Helix are at 44.1. I'm using a Hosa Cable DRA503 SPDIF Digital Transfer Cable - 9.9 Foot. I did not have this problem when using the Pod HD500.

Not sure about your problem with the compressor.

I get the same audio dropouts that you're getting. Helix's SPDIF out into a coaxial to optical converter, then into an optical input for a pci-e add-on internal soundcard. Like you, I never had a problem with an HD500 or HD500X. I've noticed that Helix has to be on for around 45 minutes before the audio dropout occurs and it's anywhere from a half-second to around 3 seconds long. The record source for my DAW is Helix's USB, and when the dropout occurs while recording (happens also when not recording), the audio is still recorded.

I was kind of assuming the dropout was something other than Helix, but now I'm not so sure. I hope this isn't a hardware problem with Helix.

yeah I might end up returning the Helix because of this.  When the audio drops out, anything being recording is also dropped out.  That pretty much makes me unable to use the Helix to record if connected via SPDIF.  I really don't want to use the other outputs because of how I have everything else in the studio connected to the Saffire.

Anyone having any issues with the LAstudio compressor? When I have it last in my chain and save the preset and come back to it, the preset is at a much lower volume than with it bypassed even when it wasn't like that when I saved it (with the LAcompressor engaged.) I'm also having intermittent audio drop outs when using the Helix via SPDIF. Not just the Helix but audio for my computer in general. It's just for a second and then kicks back in. I'm using a Saffire Pro 40 audio interface and Windows 7. Both the Saffire and the Helix are at 44.1. I'm using a Hosa Cable DRA503 SPDIF Digital Transfer Cable - 9.9 Foot. I did not have this problem when using the Pod HD500.

So you're saying that all the audio from the Saffire is dropping out when you have the Helix connected via SPDIF?

I too have had drop outs with the SPDIF, fortunately for me I don't use that live and have many other inputs both XLR and 1/4 inch to choose from, it's just easier with the one small cable.

I would be sure this has been reported as a bug before sending it back, sounds like a FW update should be able to fix this!