Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Links for free Impulse Responses (IR) here

HonestOpinion

Has anyone tried the Fat Lazy Cabs pack on the Helix? Demos sound pretty good.

http://fatlazycabs.bigcartel.com/product/fat-lazy-cabs

I'm looking for good metal tone and considering:

1. Ownhammer

2. Redwirez

3. Fat Lazy cabs

4. Rosen Digital

5. 3 Sigma.

What do you guys think?

Onwhamer are good, redwires IMHO not so good I bought them all in a package because of the IRMIX2 plugin, the IRMIX2 plugin is nothing less that AWESOME!!! You can mix all the IR's you want to mix together any brand some of the best I made are in the link I shared (all from free ones)

• 2 months later...

So yeah I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just got my Helix. On the "Ton of free IRs here" link there is a "Metallica Golden IR Pack" and the King Nothing impulse is quite excellent. Thanks for the links, much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

here is a bunch I found and some I made with rewirerz mix2 prog from free ones I found. I think the best one I made is the "GHK.wav" the other good one is the kp-cab-ir.wav someone made with a kemper that was posted on TGP

enjoy friends: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m19ymuuus8qid7d/AACLHcDWpEUZsUF54GLom6Xua?dl=0

YOU....rock.  Thanks for the share!

here is a bunch I found and some I made with rewirerz mix2 prog from free ones I found. I think the best one I made is the "GHK.wav" the other good one is the kp-cab-ir.wav someone made with a kemper that was posted on TGP

enjoy friends: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m19ymuuus8qid7d/AACLHcDWpEUZsUF54GLom6Xua?dl=0

YOU....rock.  Thanks for the share!

Agreed, there is a ton of great stuff in jaminjimlp's dropbox. Thanks for the effort! Check it out!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more stereo IRs I did for Bodilizer VST, hope you find them useful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0iCj7xEijuUcVR3VVJ6ZHpKQmM

what is that file format? And how would you make it work in helix?

Good question, apparently these are only for use with the 'Bodilizer' VST.

You can get the 'Bodilizer' for free here: http://www.ijdata.com/products.html

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Here is a link to the free IRs provided by Line6 themselves for the Helix. Nice to have a few direct from the source. Thank you Zooey for your recent post about them elsewhere which prompted me to add them here as well.

http://line6.com/allure/

Bump(see link above), just wanted to let any new Helix, LT, or Native users know that there is a free pack of assorted 'Allure' cab IRs available through Line6 if you haven't downloaded them yet.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 4:03 PM, zolko60 said:

I had no luck to buy that free pack from their store (no link sent) but maybe it will work for somebody.

The link lands in the spam folder in google mail.

I have no success in getting link (in the video description) for those but working on it. ;)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, we are building an Impulse response library called Soundwoofer and we recently released our first user test where you can register an account and upload your own Impulse responses to the library.

Soundwoofer
Direct link to our library
Register an account

In addition to several normal Impulse responses, we have also released a series of "Mixpulses" that are combinations of several microphones (12!) into just one single file.

You can find the Impulse mixes here

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hey I made my first impulse response. The Amp is my Peavey BluesClassic 1x15 from 1994 miced with an e906.

With an AC30 it sounds very close to the real Amp. Have fun with it. I looking forward for your feedback.
Download: http://www.dariusz.me/downloads/PeaveyBluesClassic1x15e906_01.wav

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28788-trash-or-treasure-peavey-blues-classic

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Long time no see, happy new year, decade and so forth!

We made updates to to our library so it would be easier to upload your own Impulse responses to the library.

Standalone impulses
Once you are logged in to your account, (register here) select the file, give it a name and a nice description and you're set.

Just to celebrate this new release, we added 1300 Impulses to the library!
Check them out here

If you need help on how to use an Impulse responses, we have a guide for you here

We have also started reviewing cabinets (and microphones are coming soon) and you can read them here!  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 2:25 AM, HonestOpinion said:

Bump(see link above), just wanted to let any new Helix, LT, or Native users know that there is a free pack of assorted 'Allure' cab IRs available through Line6 if you haven't downloaded them yet.

I was always of the opinion that IR's couldn't make THAT much of a difference in tone.  Then I tried out these Allure IRs. 

Wow.  Just Wow. 

I tried pairing the fender deluxe 1x12 tone with all the 1x12 models in the helix and I couldn't get ANY of them to even come close to the sound I got from the Allure IR.  I highly recommend giving these a shot, they will transform your tone.  And the price seems very reasonable (free).  If IRs make such a huge difference, it's such a substantial  difference that I don't think ANYONE would argue with, wonder why the Line 6 folks still model amp cabs and speakers.  Maybe time for a change?

On 4/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, plittlefield said:

.  If IRs make such a huge difference, it's such a substantial  difference that I don't think ANYONE would argue with, wonder why the Line 6 folks still model amp cabs and speakers.  Maybe time for a change?

Rumor has it, that change is coming in the next update.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:54 AM, plittlefield said:

I was always of the opinion that IR's couldn't make THAT much of a difference in tone.  Then I tried out these Allure IRs. 

Wow.  Just Wow. 

I tried pairing the fender deluxe 1x12 tone with all the 1x12 models in the helix and I couldn't get ANY of them to even come close to the sound I got from the Allure IR.  I highly recommend giving these a shot, they will transform your tone.  And the price seems very reasonable (free).  If IRs make such a huge difference, it's such a substantial  difference that I don't think ANYONE would argue with, wonder why the Line 6 folks still model amp cabs and speakers.  Maybe time for a change?

First off... the guilt-in cabs ARE IR, but there a bunch of things you can alter about them, so they're "programmable" IRs.

Second, for most of us, you can take hours auditioning piles of IR until you find the "right one" or spend hours (it doesn't take me hours, tho) tweaking something that is built-in that is closest to what you are looking for.

For every user who can only find their tone with a certain 3rd party IR... there is one like me who actually finds their tone with a particular built-in cab (I have the same 3 or 4 I go to every time).

If Line 6 knew what they were doing, they'd give us both options... uh... wait... I think that's what they actually DID...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, indiehead80 said:

hi guys, any fender IR's? Fender deluxe reverb, twin reverb etc... ? where can i get them? thanks

Have you tried the new cabs in v3.5 firmware? They are actually a multitude of individual IRs, wrapped into a convenient UI. Worth looking into if you haven't yet.

I'm not sure where you will find (free) Fender IRs. Perhaps a sample pack from one of the many IR vendors?

On 2/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, indiehead80 said:

hi guys, any fender IR's? Fender deluxe reverb, twin reverb etc... ? where can i get them? thanks

As mentioned above, you REALLY owe it to yourself to try the new 3.5 firmware cabs, they are extraordinary.