Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Now 2/19/2016 expected ship date for Helix Rack?

tonykit

Just look at all the confusion over shipping dates for the first wave of Helix units that went out. Now they've changed the price for this version...in a direction that won't make retailers smile. Had they raised the MSRP, I guarantee that would have been the first thing updated. It'll take forever and a day to get that rectified....and anybody you manage to get on the phone will tell you "I don't know anything about that". They'll be looking at the same screen you are, and regurgitating what's in front of them.

According to the MF customer service person I just had the "pleasure" to speak to, MF is getting 2 rack units on 12/30 and the 15 rack units on 2/19.

And they will not change the price.

I cancelled the order.

thankfully Long&McQuade have updated their prices to reflect the change, but mid-february is a real kick in the 'nads! Ugh!

I'll have to get in touch and find out if they've been told it's been pushed back that far...

Haven't had a chance to talk to my peeps yet, but my guess now is that date is a reflection of pre-order fulfillment; that's when they think they'll have the NEXT next shippment of Helix racks that aren't already spoken for. At least that's what I hope that would mean.

Talking to my peeps and they told me that they haven't heard any comunications, official or otherwise, that would lead them to believe that the current round won't be where it's supposed to be middle-to-third-week of December. So I'm going with my last guess that the backorders are so extenstive that the February date is when the NEXT next order will be delivered on.

Talking to my peeps and they told me that they haven't heard any comunications, official or otherwise, that would lead them to believe that the current round won't be where it's supposed to be middle-to-third-week of December. So I'm going with my last guess that the backorders are so extenstive that the February date is when the NEXT next order will be delivered on.

Your guess is as good as their's...;)

According to the MF customer service person I just had the "pleasure" to speak to, MF is getting 2 rack units on 12/30 and the 15 rack units on 2/19.

And they will not change the price.

I cancelled the order.

Odd they wouldn't change your preorder price, considering they already updated their website with the $1399.99 price for the rack Helix, and $399.99 for the controller!.. Sounds like someone at MF is lying to you, how shocking?! I wouldn't buy it from anyone other than Sweetwater, personally.. Good call cancelling the preorder.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/line-6-helix-multi-effects-guitar-rack/j23116?rNtt=Helix&index=2

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/line-6-helix-foot-controller/j23117?rNtt=Helix&index=2

I plan on getting the Helix Rack, and I'm shooting for April/May as my goal of ordering.  Hopefully they will have all the launch issues ironed out by then, and they will have the demands met better than with the Helix Floorboard Processor. 

I am pleased that the price is now $1,399. I figured since the Rack version didn't have an expression pedal, and all those extra switches & LED scribble strips, that it should cost a bit less than the Floorboard model.  I figure $1,299 - $1,349 should reflect that, but $1,399 is close enough, I guess. Especially if the controller is $399 now. 

Sucks that these retailers won't honor the new price drop on already placed orders. I would just cancel, and re-order. That being said I have found that Sweetwater, Musician's Friend, zZsounds, American Music Supply, and Full Compass all reflect the new price.