Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to add another path

AeroUSA

Thank you. I'm not at home right now. I did do that to create another path for an amp so I could a/b switch between the two.

Can I create yet another path to turn into a microphone path?

Yes, just drag down both the split and the merge blocks to the second path you already created.  The split and merge blocks are those tiny little blocks created once you drag a block down and create a second path. This will create a totally separate path with its own input and output. I put a Template in the CustomTone repository that gives you the bare bones setup for this. You can find it here: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1460280/

I dragged the split and merge down and it did create a totally new path big of course it also removed what I had before.

To be clear my existing patch as two lines and the bottom line has two paths (the second for a dirty amp).

I want to create another path under all of this for my microphone.

I dragged the split and merge down and it did create a totally new path big of course it also removed what I had before.

To be clear my existing patch as two lines and the bottom line has two paths (the second for a dirty amp).

I want to create another path under all of this for my microphone.

You can have up to a total of four path lines. If required, each one can have its own input/output. Take a look at the Helix provided template "04B" in the Templates presets list. I am not quite clear on whether you are trying to run two separate input/output routes out to two different external amps with a third input/output for a mic or or just trying to switch between two "virtual" Helix amps out to a single external amp with an additional Helix input/output for the mic. There are routing alternatives for either of these scenarios. I think the best way to find the routing method you are looking for may be to scroll through the Templates preset list on the Helix. The templates include many different routing scenarios for up to 4 separate inputs/outputs routes. One of them will probably get you close enough to customize it to what you need. If you are only running out to one amp and need a second input/output for the mic you can use the link for the template I created for CustomTone http://line6.com/cus...e/tone/1460280/ . As you have probably discovered, one of the tricks when you are setting up routes on the Helix is you need to keep at least one block, even if it is a dummy effect you are planning on moving or deleting, on existing route lines as you move things around (like merge & split blocks) or the two route lines can collapse back into one.

I have uploaded a photo to my dropbox to show you what I have so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3igrlzxnllf8074/Helix.jpg?dl=0

Is it possible to add a nee path below this for a microphone. Thanks for your help!

Aaron

If you make another path in path 1 (just like you did in path 2). Then you can move the "split-block" (move the joystick to the place where the line devide into two and press action - then move it down. 

The same thing goes for the "merge-block" 

Tagmusenmagnus1 has it right. Just grab any effect from path 1 and drag it down to create what will now be path2 and two new split/merge blocks, then follow his directions to drag the split and merge blocks down to create the separate route. You can copy the block your dragged down back to the path 1 after you create the new route but remember you need to leave at least one block on what is now path 2 or it will collapse back up into path 1 again. The key is always having a block on a path other than the merge and split as a placeholder or the two paths collapse back into one.

• Upvote 2