Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

v_pilk

Hi guys!

I read this in the manual (page 9-3 - 9-4):

"Sample Rate Converter Active: You’ll see this indicator light up whenever the device is operating at a sample rate other than its native 48kHz rate. In addition to 48kHz, POD HD supports 44.1kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz rates by utilizing an internal sample rate converter. Please check your specific software’s documentation for details on configuring its audio sample rate."

I checked the indicator when running my POD HD as an audio interface in Pro Tools 11 and Reaper DAWs on my MacBook Pro (OSX Yosemite). All the most recent POD HD updates applied. What I expected to see is the indicator would be off when I set up my DAW projects at 48kHz but that wasn't the case. The indicator stays always on when Pro Tools is running and with Reaper it turns off whenever I switch from Reaper to another app - e.g. switch to the "Line 6 Audio-MIDI Settings" window but that's probably only because Reaper is set to release audio driver in the background (only guessing here). All the same with 44.1 and 48 kHz project settings. 

Any idea why this is happening? I guess if I run POD HD as an audio interface at 48kHz the sample rate converter should not be on - if I understand the manual properly.

I use the SPDIF into an RME UFX interface and have to set the RME sample rate to whatever the HD500 is set to as the RME locks it's sample rate to the incoming SPDIF sample rate. I did not know the HD500 sample rate could be remotely changed! But I agree with you. The sample rate converter should be OFF when the HD500 is running at 48kHz.

I used POD HD SPDIF with my Avid M-Box Pro 3 earlier and at the time I didn't know about the POD HD internal sample rate converter so I didn't check how it works under SPDIF connection. Can you please check how your converter indicator behaves under SPDIF when you set it to 48kHz on the POD and choose 48kHz as your DAW project sample rate?

BTW, I guess you should also be able to select in the TotalMix application the clock source (POD or RME) and based on that the clock master device would be determined and the rate you set on the master device would be the one the slave device would be operating on (but only if supported).