Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 Power Supply

mlamphear73

I love doing everything I can to make my musicians happy (I am on the FOH side of things) and the biggest gripe I hear out of them with their Line6 gear is that the power supply output cable is not long enough (I say I have to agee). Short of getting some custom stuff done by Wall Industries, are there any aftermarket power supplies out there that anyone is using reliably that will allow the POD to be further from the outlets without the obvious low-end extension cord solution (trying to keep it clean as I can)? I know it is a 120VAC/9VDC 3A supply, but the difficult part is the center post is negative where as everything I am finding the center post is typically positive.

Any help is greatly appreciated by both myself and artists. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

It is relatively trivial to lengthen the cable.  Just cut it and splice in any length you want within reason.  It's also easy to change the polarity of any supply by cutting and splicing the cable.  Just use solder and heat shrink to make a nice reliable connection.  It's easy to find surplus DC supplies online at places like All Electronics for cheap!  They also sell connectors and cables that will work.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for an alternative p/s for my HD500.  My problem is that the sideways wall wort does not fit in my pedalboard setup.  I have a perfect size suitcase to fit the HD500, a power strip, and my wireless receiver.  All I do at a club gig is open the case, plug in the power strip, plug in the L6Link to my DT25 amp and I'm done.  I wish Line6 would provide an option to the sideways wall wort power supply for the hd500, similar to this with a short a/c cable.  This would be perfect for my situation.

411qHzylYuL._SX355_.jpg

I am sure one can find a substitute 9VDC power supply.  I personally would lengthen the cable if  I wanted it longer.  No big deal.  If you substitute be VERY CAREFUL.  Make sure the polarity is the same and that the supply is rated for at least 3 Amps.  (Most are not)  I also would stay away from a switching supply due to the possible injection of noise into the Audio. 

If I were using the 500 as an on stage pedal board, personally I'd rather affix a multi plug power surge protector strip (thingy) to a board, along with the 500. That would allow me to bundle the power cord from the 500 neatly, plug onto your board, Then heavy duty drop cord back to the wall receptacle/power supply....assuming its a relative distance the renders the hd cord useless....

Also, ideally this would protect your 500 from bad power, surges, browns, etcc...