Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Creating A 60s Organ Sound

ppiluk

Hello All,

I have an upcoming Open Mic and I would like to perform Green Onions, I have a pretty good arrangement but I would like to make it better by recording a Loop with an organ sound which I would play over.

My question is this, aside from purchasing a pedal specifically designed for this purpose, is there any way to get a sound close to a 60s organ sound.

If anyone from Line 6 is reading this...No one is better at modding sounds than you...maybe you can develop your own organ pedal!

• Upvote 1

In the "real world" I would go about it like this: cranked up blackface amp with on-board tremolo and a Tele, neck pup, tone dialed back.

Good suggestion...especially since I do have a soft spot for the Granddaddy of solid body electric guitars!

Ppiluk, try out crazy organ guitar. It's the name of a tone on the cloud. It's not bad for a start.

Nice patch, Variologue.

I started with that and tweaked it a bit. I named the revised tone:

Old Time Organ

and I think it works pretty well for triads on the three high strings. Single notes work well, too.

Best,

Eddie

Ppiluk, try out crazy organ guitar. It's the name of a tone on the cloud. It's not bad for a start.

I tried this tone and it's great! It should do the trick for my needs.

I added a request for an Organ pedal to be included in the Firehawk. The link is here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Organ-Pedal-Similar-to-EHX-B9-or-C9/796490-23508

The idea has only 4 votes but it's already been moved to the "In Review" category. So hopefully we might see something in a future update.

I have decided to hold my breath with this positive news!

Nice patch, Variologue.

I started with that and tweaked it a bit. I named the revised tone:

Old Time Organ

and I think it works pretty well for triads on the three high strings. Single notes work well, too.

Best,

Eddie

Nice patch! It definitely get some use! 

• Upvote 1

I tried this tone and it's great! It should do the trick for my needs.

I added a request for an Organ pedal to be included in the Firehawk. The link is here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Organ-Pedal-Similar-to-EHX-B9-or-C9/796490-23508

The idea has only 4 votes but it's already been moved to the "In Review" category. So hopefully we might see something in a future update.

I have decided to hold my breath with this positive news![/quote

• 1 month later...

Hey. I downloaded and tried both of those guitar organ presets and loved them both. I tweaked them to taste by adding more bottom and also tried changing the chorus mod to a rotary drum which gave it a Hammond B3 effect. Very nice! Thanks to those who published them!

Jim

• 2 years later...