Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Tones Available

talonmm

Honestly, I had not used my Amplfi at all for over a year.  I had basically given up and thought it was useless.  Then I just got the FBV shortboard MKII and was amazed how well the products worked together.

So now I am searching the Amplifi site for the best tones, and just like the amp, there's a lot of challenges to work out such as the poor search capabilites and rating system.

So would the amplfi users here, kindly recomend the best of the best tones?  I have a lot of organizing to do now that I can easily access 100 tones so I will be organizing and sharing what I feel are the best of the best in the coming weeks.

So please let me know what best of the best and special tones are out there on the line 6 site and I will do the same.

To start off, here are some I find quite good:

1)  Satch Concert Tones (best) Compressed

2)  Thick  - killer delay and thick, distorted tone

3)  Iron Maiden somehwre back in time (for those of us old enough to remember the amazing Galien Krugger 250 ML, this is the sound!!!)

4)  Red House - very nice for the blues

5)  58 Bass Man Tweed Stormy Monday  - classic amp sound

Please let me know other great tones,  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's pretty much hit and miss with the available Cloud tones. I like all the tones that Line6 put in the presets so I mostly use those but finding a decent tone on the Cloud is just a guessing game. And a large number sound nothing like what they describe or just sound flat out awful.

I am going through my many downloads and taking notes and rating them.  I will post some more great tones I have found at line 6's cloud in a few days.

I can't believe that there are ampli users on this board and no one except cungar1001 can share their experiences with the tones they have found online.

Please, if you can offer some advise and guidence it would be most apprecaited.

thanks

The assessment of a tone being 'good' is highly subjective. I think that's why you're not seeing a lot of response here.

There are good classic rock tones, good blues tones, good jazz tones, good metal tones (so I'm told), good shredder tones (so I'm told), ....... and so it goes on. If a tone sounds good to you, that's great. But it won't be for everyone.

Actually, the 'cloud' in which all these tones exist was developed over time from the same idea that your thread represents. People share what they consider to be 'good' tones. I don't think anybody uploads a tone to the cloud unless they think it is 'good' and worth sharing. The fact that you are finding a lot of tones there that you think are not so good suggests that there will be some people who test your recommended 'good' tones here, and feel the same way.

Thanks for the reply.  Unless I am doing something wrong, and that's quite possible since I am a very basic user of ipads... finding tones on the cloud for Amplifi is problematic at best.

I can't sort my searches by most stars, I can't sort my searches by most downloaded, and worse of all, it seems I can't initiate a search at all unless I put some text into the search.

So if I want to find, say a vintage fender sound, I can put in "Fender", or "vintage 50s" but if someone names the greatest tone ever,  "Joe's Tone" I won't find it.

So that being said, if someone told me to check out "Joe's Tone" and I found it to be awful, did I really lose anything but 15-30 seconds of wasted time?

Unless I am missing something, the search function is basically useless and I thought that by having some members share their favorites, perhaps that would lead to me discovering some great tones that otherwise would be overlooked by me because of the poor search system line 6 has created.

And some feedback and guidance would probably help others here too.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd like to see this thread get active again.  I know "good" tones is a subjective concept, but I think most guitarist can agree on what a quality tone is vs one that is flat or buzzy.  I'd like to see people post some of their favorites that the rest of us should check out.  I'm new to Amplifi, so I'll be posting ones I find that I like too.

I'd like to see this thread get active again.  I know "good" tones is a subjective concept, but I think most guitarist can agree on what a quality tone is vs one that is flat or buzzy.  I'd like to see people post some of their favorites that the rest of us should check out.  I'm new to Amplifi, so I'll be posting ones I find that I like too.

Make sure when you post your tones that you include all relevant information, like the guitar you use, its pickups and the pickup selector position, and whether you used/created it while listening with headphones, an amp (which amp? 4CM or not?), direct to PA (what speakers?), or studio monitors (which ones?). Every one of these things affects the tone you hear, and differences in these highly variable non-AMPLIFi factors are the most common reason that downloaded tones often sound very different to the downloader than they did to the tone creator and uploader.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are Amplifi tones and Spider V tones the same?  If so, I found the "Buddy Guy lead" tone to be very nice on my used Spider V. 

Also...  Does anyone know if it possible to attach tone files to a message on this thread?  This would be a good way to share tones for those of us who do not have access to the tone cloud.

Thanks