Sign in to follow this  
billdutcher

SRV Patch?

Anyone come up with a good SRV patch that A/B's between Fender and Marshall amps, along with Vox Wha, Tubescreamer, Univibe and Leslie?

Thanks!

That sounds like a good place to start. Is there a Helix area in Customtone? Might check there.

Nothing that comes close in Helix Custom Tone.

I saw this on You Tube

http://youtu.be/iMkAtus77K0.

He uses a HD500. Wish he would post his patch so could mimic it with Helix.

I tried with my Hd500 a while ago and then for about an hour last night with Helix. I can get a good SRV tone, but nothing like that. So hard to get enough gain on the high strings so they sing, retain cleanish 'tank' on the low E & A.

I think half of the Stevie tone is in the hands on the player. And I have never been able to get as close as I've liked.

big strong hands with .013-.058 strings tuned down to Eb is where it starts.

Anyone come up with a good SRV patch that A/B's between Fender and Marshall amps, along with Vox Wha, Tubescreamer, Univibe and Leslie?

Thanks!

billdutcher

Have a look in the custom tone section under Helix. I just uploaded a very, very basic extremely quick and dirty "SRV Lenny" patch which should give you somewhere to start. I also have to agree with the comments in the other posts here. Remember, It isn't down to just a single "magic" tone, SRV used various amps 'n' FX - Tube Screamer, Leslie, Marshall, Fender and of course the legendary Dumble. He had heavier gauge strings, plus lots of finger strength and a great deal of experience and technique and the semi tone drop in tuning. You could spend a fortune on replicating the gear he used and you'll never, ever sound like him - only an approximation. Helix is only one tool to start you on the path, let us all know how you get along with it - Enjoy!