Sign in to follow this  
robbieb61

First Music Recorded With My Helix

I used the Helix for the vocals and bass guitar.

Used the Helix with my DT 50 amp like this for the rhythm and lead guitars:
Guitar ->

Helix ->

Send from Helix to 1/4" input of DT50 amp with topology on I for the clean sound and IV for the lead (with all preamps, cabs, and mics turned off in DT 50) ->

Speaker cable from DT 50 Amp to Riviera Rock Crusher Power Attenuator->

Line signal 1/4" out of Rock Crusher back to Helix Return->

Marshall Cab IR 3" from cone ->

XLR out of Helix into VS2480 Digital Studio

Here is the result:    https://soundcloud.com/robbie-boyette/stirred-up-the-funk

I felt as though I was channeling Bob Dylan and Jim Morrison simultaneously as I wrote those lyrics... LOL

But seriously...I was just wanting to record something real quick with the Helix without spending too much time. And I was out at a club the other night and Claudia Marie said something to me, I misunderstood what she said and THOUGHT she said "I stirred up the funk" (the music was loud in the club).  When she explained what she really said, I exclaimed: "There's a song there with what I thought you said!"

I felt as though I was channeling Bob Dylan and Jim Morrison simultaneously as I wrote those lyrics... LOL

But seriously...I was just wanting to record something real quick with the Helix without spending too much time. And I was out at a club the other night and Claudia Marie said something to me, I misunderstood what she said and THOUGHT she said "I stirred up the funk" (the music was loud in the club).  When she explained what she really said, I exclaimed: "There's a song there with what I thought you said!"

B) Cool