Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Who works on the guitar when you have a 2 year Sweetwater warranty?

Can I still just bring it into a Line 6 area after the first year of the warranty is up?

I'm starting to have problems with the input jack and the guitar turning itself off when moving the guitar cable.

I still have 1 month left for the 1st year of the warranty, but I've been too busy to send the guitar in for warranty repair.

Also, can I just show them the Sweetwater invoice? I've had my guitar swapped out 2 times for a replacement when I first got it because I thought they had issues. Ironically, this one is the one giving real issues this time.

I have an email of the receipt for the first guitar I got, but obviously that isn't the same guitar as the one I have, but I do still have a physical invoice of the current guitar.

I expect you would need to go through Sweetwater. They are the ones who are responsible for honouring the second year of the warranty, not Line 6 nor the local service center.

The local service center gets paid for their work, by the warranty provider (no longer Line 6) or by the customer. Sweetwater will have to authorize the work and make the payment.

I expect you would need to go through Sweetwater. They are the ones who are responsible for honouring the second year of the warranty, not Line 6 nor the local service center.

The local service center gets paid for their work, by the warranty provider (no longer Line 6) or by the customer. Sweetwater will have to authorize the work and make the payment.

I was under the impression that Sweetwater is an anointed "authorized service center"...so if they choose to offer extended warranties, it should all get taken care of in-house. If not, it will likely be a cluster-$!#/ of approvals, diagnostics, more approvals, etc etc, before anything gets fixed.

I bought a JTV-59 gold top w/ p90s from Sweetwater and the DVI jack was bad (intermittent connection). Sent it back to Sweetwater and their techs fixed it after they got the part from Line6. So, I think their tech department is an authorized service center.

• Upvote 1