Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware rollback issue DT25HD

pwik

I have had my DT25HD for almost a year and never saw the need to update the firmware. I just got a Helix and was surprised when I connected the two via L6link that I could still change my amp model when everyone else said they could not. 

Well the other day I decided to update the firmware on the DT and after doing so I lost the ability to change amp models. I tried to rollback the firmware to v1.0 but it fails every tie. Has anybody been successful doing a rollback? If I can't do a rollback then can anyone tell me what the default amp model would be for voicing IV, Class A/B, Pentode? I have all my Helix tones set to work with whatever that default was.

Thanks 

I have had my DT25HD for almost a year and never saw the need to update the firmware. I just got a Helix and was surprised when I connected the two via L6link that I could still change my amp model when everyone else said they could not. 

Well the other day I decided to update the firmware on the DT and after doing so I lost the ability to change amp models. I tried to rollback the firmware to v1.0 but it fails every tie. Has anybody been successful doing a rollback? If I can't do a rollback then can anyone tell me what the default amp model would be for voicing IV, Class A/B, Pentode? I have all my Helix tones set to work with whatever that default was.

Thanks 

Your saying you can't roll back your DT's firmware? I would say somethings wrong and you should be able to go back if you want to. Any success after you created this thread?

Tried again today. No luck. When I try to update (downgrade) to v1.0 I get an error message stating that the installation failed and to try again. At this point I have to power cycle the amp and restart Line 6 Monkey. I even tried downloading the firmware from the website without luck. Here is hoping that Line 6 decides to have better integration between the Helix and DT.

UPDATE:

I was finally able to get the firmware rolled back! 

I am using an iConnectivity MIO MIDI adapter. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled using the latest from their website. BINGO!  I am now back to v1.0 and I have my tones back from my Helix.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

I was finally able to get the firmware rolled back! 

I am using an iConnectivity MIO MIDI adapter. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled using the latest from their website. BINGO!  I am now back to v1.0 and I have my tones back from my Helix.  :lol:

Hahahah, I knew something was wrong, lol.

I totally don't understand what you are saying here.  It sounds like you are saying you can change the amp models in the DT through L6 link?  You are not using the Helix amp models?  What setting in the Helix even does that?  My understanding and experience so far is that the Helix signal through L6 link still runs through the DT amp modeling, essentially coloring the tone by whatever amp model is loaded in the DT.  But that is only if you choose the voicing prior to starting L6 link.  Helix doesn't change anything in the DT through L6 link, just goes through whichever channel and voicing you have selected at the time.

What I have learned is to use midi to turn off all modeling in the DT and to choose class, triode/pentode and topology.  That way you are only using the tube power section to amplify the complete tone signal from the Helix.

I don't doubt what you are saying, just not sure I understand you correctly or exactly what you are doing.  Doesn't really matter though, as long as the tones you have are what you want, that's all that matters!

I totally don't understand what you are saying here.  It sounds like you are saying you can change the amp models in the DT through L6 link?  You are not using the Helix amp models?  What setting in the Helix even does that?  My understanding and experience so far is that the Helix signal through L6 link still runs through the DT amp modeling, essentially coloring the tone by whatever amp model is loaded in the DT.  But that is only if you choose the voicing prior to starting L6 link.  Helix doesn't change anything in the DT through L6 link, just goes through whichever channel and voicing you have selected at the time.

What I have learned is to use midi to turn off all modeling in the DT and to choose class, triode/pentode and topology.  That way you are only using the tube power section to amplify the complete tone signal from the Helix.

I don't doubt what you are saying, just not sure I understand you correctly or exactly what you are doing.  Doesn't really matter though, as long as the tones you have are what you want, that's all that matters!

Let me clarify a little. Everyone was saying that when they connect the Helix and DT via L6 that the topology switch goes out so you can't adjust the voicing. With firmware v1.0 I still have control of the switch and can change between I, II, II and IV. I am not controlling this from the Helix but I can control it manually unlike the latest firmware that renders the switch inoperable. 

I tried setting the pre-amp and cab to none so that I was just using the power tube section but I didn't like the tone. Everything sounded muddy and it didn't mix well with the rest of the band.

Now that I am back to v1.0, I set my voicing to IV, gain to 0, bass/mid/treble and channel volume to 12 o'clock, just a touch of presence, and no reverb. I like the tones I get which is all that really matter, right?   

• Upvote 1