Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Help On How To Set The Eq For Djent Tone..

dymbur

Hello Friends,

Can u guys help me out with this...?

I use the pod hd 500 and  the schecter omen 8, i really need some help with the djent tone...

Can u guys tell me how to set the Parametric eq settings on my pod to get the djent tone....

how do i set my eq's on the pod.. ? The frequency?

what does the low cut n boost mean?

How do i adjust the frequency since everythng is in % ?

what does the "q" do?

or can u share with me ur eq settings for the tone...

I would be gratefull if u'd help.... in details... Plz dont pose youtube links.. am tired of checkin videos..

There's some complaints about how the eqs on the pod are structured - specifically the use of % instead of decibels and hertz.  Meambobbo has some excellent info regarding that - see the link that TheRealZap posted.

The cliffs notes version is:

Djent is characterized by a (sometimes extreme) bump in the 1.4kHz.  

Djent also sometimes employs a high pass filter to remove some of the bottom end of the guitar before it hits the amp, but this is less universally accepted than the 1.4kHz bump, and you may find it does not suit your taste.  

The graphic eq on the pod does not include this specific band - many graphics eqs do not

You can use the parametric eq to do this

"Q" refers to how narrow or broad a parametric eq is.  A low Q is a very broad, typically subtle eq that will effect many frequencies.  A high Q is a narrow eq that will sharply effect a smaller number of frequencies.

However, since Line 6 choose to use percent instead of frequencies, this is not intuitive on the HD500.  Someone more experienced that me will have to walk you through the specifics.

The tone is honestly most about the compression, drive and gating before you hit the amp. Settings are hard to give because it depends on your playing so much. And really, the key to djent is to play "djentfully." There's a great deal about pick attack that's often overlooked.