Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi FX 100 pulsing, buzzing noise

mikefirman

It sounds like you are getting interference from somewhere. I personally have too many things going in my practice room which always make for a lot of noise and electronic interference. Especially if Im micing my amp. I also found out the hard way when using your phone as an interface have it in airplane mode or else you will announce to everyone in a loud and rude manner everytime you get a txt. I don't know if this helps. Maybe others are having the same problem. Are you using it by itselt "ie no other pedals between it and the amp" or before it for that matter. The FX100 likes pedals after it and not before it. Are you playing it through an amp or direct into a PA and if an amp have you tried a different amp. Is the gain on your amp turned up too high. If through a PA is its gain set too high. I have mine dialed in at about 25% on each input. 

I hope this helps! Hopefully someone else will chime in with some better wisdom. 

Merry Christmas mikefirman!

Thank you Cebreez for your reply,and suggestions. i use headphones and no pedals.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Do you have a ceiling fan running in the room? Sometimes that will give a pulsing sound. I agree with Cebreez, it sounds like you have some electrical interference. Take a look and see if you can identify what has changed from the time you didn't have the interference to now. - Hope that helps.