Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Converting tones between Rocksmith2014 and FX100

ianj001

I am a long time Rocksmith2014 user. I love that it has "Authentic Tones" as part of the software. It has a tone designer not unlike that of the FX100. In Rocksmith I play with the "Authentic Tone" or a "Custom Tone" with the backing of the original song. However, sometimes Rocksmith will mask your playing with an accompanying guitar so it can be difficult to distinguish what you are really playing from how "good" Rocksmith is making you sound. - Enter the FX100.... I was just given the FX100 as a gift and love that you can download tones for it but, I think it would be extremely cool to be able to convert my Rocksmith tones to AMPLIFI FX100 tones. I am wondering if anyone has done this or even attempted to do this? I know that the Rocksmith tones are available in an XML format I am wondering if the AMPLIFI tones are available in a similar XML format and can be compared with the Rocksmith ones. This would make conversion so much easier.

If this is not possible it's going to be a laborious job to copy the tones from one system to the other. - Any input, help or just general interest in seeing this work is greatly appreciated.

I don't think you'll be able to get anywhere with this idea. It would be great if it were possible but Line 6 AMPLIFi tones (like all Line 6 tones) are in a highly proprietary format - not XML. There is no file format converter that will translate Rocksmith (or any other tone manufacturer's) tone files into AMPLIFi tone files. Even among Line 6 devices it is often impossible to translate the tone files.

I don't know anything about Rocksmith, but even trying to copy the tone amp and FX settings is not likely to get you a sinilar sound in AMPLIFi because of the different underlying technology. I think your time would be better spent getting used to creating your own tones in AMPLIFi, or using its Tone Matching feature. Any time spent trying to translate or copy Rocksmith tone files is likely to be wasted.

I don't think you'll be able to get anywhere with this idea. It would be great if it were possible but Line 6 AMPLIFi tones (like all Line 6 tones) are in a highly proprietary format - not XML. There is no file format converter that will translate Rocksmith (or any other tone manufacturer's) tone files into AMPLIFi tone files. Even among Line 6 devices it is often impossible to translate the tone files.

I don't know anything about Rocksmith, but even trying to copy the tone amp and FX settings is not likely to get you a sinilar sound in AMPLIFi because of the different underlying technology. I think your time would be better spent getting used to creating your own tones in AMPLIFi, or using its Tone Matching feature. Any time spent trying to translate or copy Rocksmith tone files is likely to be wasted.

Thanks for the input, that's sad. I guess a different approach is needed. I could just catalog the songs in Rocksmith then hunt for tones for those songs in AMPLIFI however, I suspect that many of them don't exist as of now so I will need to do some plagiarizing of the Rocksmith tone set up. Looking at their tone designer they have a very similar approach to the AMPLIFI one so I am not sure how different the outcome will be, I will experiment and update this post.

I do have a subsequent question though. I have a Nexus 7 and my song library appears to ignore my Google music (which is where most of my songs are) how do you get songs into the song library on Android?

I do have a subsequent question though. I have a Nexus 7 and my song library appears to ignore my Google music (which is where most of my songs are) how do you get songs into the song library on Android?

I have the same problem with my Kindle. The FX100 music library does not see the hundreds of songs in my Amazon Prime. Therefore if I want to practice with those songs I have to exit the app and open the songs in the Kindle music app. I also use Rocket Player and it doesn't see all of my prime songs either. The songs have to be physically downloaded the my library and even then I don't know how to make the FX100 music library see them.

I have the same problem with my Kindle. The FX100 music library does not see the hundreds of songs in my Amazon Prime. Therefore if I want to practice with those songs I have to exit the app and open the songs in the Kindle music app. I also use Rocket Player and it doesn't see all of my prime songs either. The songs have to be physically downloaded the my library and even then I don't know how to make the FX100 music library see them.

When you open them in another play, the AMPLIFI remote won't find matching tones though will it? - I want to load up a song and have it find tones that match that song, right now it only finds alarms and not actual songs on my Nexus, not sure where to download them to so the AMPLIFI remote will find them, there doesn't seem to be a setting for telling it where your music might be stored?

Wish I could help but the music should be stored in a music folder common to the device sort of like Windows does. Although I know that not all apps save it that way. On my previous android tablet which was almost identical to the Nexus I stored all or the music on an sd card in a folder called music and all of my players were able to find it. Most tablets will allow you to transfer all media to the sd card. It is somewhere in your settings. Though I never tried to use it with amplifi because it didn't have bluetooth. I know... hard to imagine now.

As far as finding matching tones you are correct You would have to start out in amplifi. Search for the song or one similar. Load that tone and save it to my tones. Then open your player and play along. Sounds like a long way around but I tend to use the same tone for multiple songs. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Wish I could help but the music should be stored in a music folder common to the device sort of like Windows does. Although I know that not all apps save it that way. On my previous android tablet which was almost identical to the Nexus I stored all or the music on an sd card in a folder called music and all of my players were able to find it. Most tablets will allow you to transfer all media to the sd card. It is somewhere in your settings. Though I never tried to use it with amplifi because it didn't have bluetooth. I know... hard to imagine now.

As far as finding matching tones you are correct You would have to start out in amplifi. Search for the song or one similar. Load that tone and save it to my tones. Then open your player and play along. Sounds like a long way around but I tend to use the same tone for multiple songs. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

I will test this out on my Nexus, the problem is, and the main reason the songs in the Google app, I don't have that much storage on the tablet. I will have to see if I can add a bigger card to it. I appreciate the feedback.

I tried manually going into Rocksmith and editing a tone there, that allowed me to see all of the devices and their settings. I did the same thing in AMPLIFI remote editing a tone and changing everything to as close as I could get to simulate the Rocksmith tone. The outcome was pretty close (better than I could have done alone) I created a tone for "Call Me" by Blondie and published it to the line6 cloud if you want to take a look at it. It's only the distortion tone from the song not the cleaner one. I think it was a good start and certainly not a waste of time. It achieved a couple of things. It helped me to better understand the AMPLIFI remote app and how the tones are created there. It helped me to better understand how the tones are constructed and it got me a tone in the AMPLIFI FX100 that I can play the song with. - Not too shabby for a first attempt.

I will test this out on my Nexus, the problem is, and the main reason the songs in the Google app, I don't have that much storage on the tablet. I will have to see if I can add a bigger card to it. I appreciate the feedback.

I tried this out, I first went into the Google music app and marked an album for download, the app went ahead and downloaded it. I opened the AMPLIFI remote app and it still couldn't see the music. I downloaded another music app to see if it could find the music and sure enough it couldn't either. So I downloaded a file manager and looked around for the music that the Google music app had downloaded, I couldn't find it. It is allegedly saved in /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music I looked in there but couldn't see any files. It appears that the Google app actually hides the music as a part of it's protection of the music rights (that's a whole different discussion). However, I found that if I logged into the Google music website and found the song I wanted and clicked download, the website will warn you that you can only download the song twice (really? I bought this song) but it will download the .mp3 to your music folder on the Nexus7 and then you can see it using the AMPLIFI remote app. - Not the easiest process to get what you want but it does mean that the Android app works as designed it's just the Google music app that is causing the difficulty. - I hope this helps for those that like me want to use the app on Android.