Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about saving IR's in Helix app... export don't save in order

jaminjimlp

I was saving my IR's from the Helix app with the export function and it saved them in alphabetical order and no #'s so I have taken some screenshots to help remember there order because after the update if load up my presets if the IR's are not in the right place they won't sound the same after the factory reset.

I guess I was hoping it would save the #'s too so it would be real easy to get back up and running after any firmware update or reset.

What have any of you done to make it easier. I have all 128 slots filled I don't use them all but want them there when dialing up tones 

I'm pretty sure they don't get erased on a firmware update, at least mine didn't.  I believe they are in there until you physically move or change them.  But its a good practice for sure if you use them regularly.

They get erased if you do the recommended factory reset (holding down FS9 & FS10 while rebooting) after installing the update.

I'm also using the screenshot method for now until they get it sorted.

One way, you could use a file manager with a batch rename, or scripted renaming function.

Or, just rely on an alphabetical sort for the naming convention, which any file manager should be able to do. Then when you want them back in Helix, just use the import function and on the dialog that pops-up select the first IR in the list, then shift-select the last to select them all at once and in the order you see them in your file manager. This is on windows 7, don't know a thing about apples.

I ran into the same problem and have not yet done a full factory reset when updating in order to preserve the IRs. I had thought about importing in alphabetic order in order to preserve the ordinary, and make it a little easier to locate an IR when configuring a block. However, that only works until you have to add another IR.

Probably the best solution is to export, then rename the files manually to put the IR number at the beginning of the file name. Hopefully this option will appear in some future Helix update.