Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix editor?! When?! Now

pv5150man

Here is the link for the  2.01 version of the Helix app for Windows which includes the Editor, driver, and Updater. http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=7106

Thanks. Interested in the Mac version. One can see that Line6 may not be particularly up to speed with web UI design. It turns out (at least on the Mac side) that rather than providing a list of software to download, it spits out everything on the site, including release notes for every minor upgrade and, if you scroll through a year and a half of release notes there is a link to the V1 download at the bottom. I must spend too much time involved in website design that it never occurred to me that anyone would provide software downloads mixed in with rich text files. Never mind me. 

There's a new minor HELIX firmware 2.10 expected any day.

There is no indication if the Updater, Editor, and Installer might also be revised/upgraded/enhanced in this forthcoming minor update. If you have the option of holding off a day (or several) you may want to consider waiting.

There's a new minor HELIX firmware 2.10 expected any day.

There is no indication if the Updater, Editor, and Installer might also be revused/upgraded/enhanced in this forthcoming minor update. If you have the option of holding off a day (or several) you may want to consider waiting.

If past updates are any indication there will definitely be a new Helix app that you will want to download and install. As always backup your presets and IRs first.

• 5 years later...
On 1/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, amsdenj said:

Bypass as an available Patch Edit Mode parameter would be another options

I do not know how (dis)apropriate it is to reactivate this thread and beg for pardon if it annoys somebody. Meanwhile we have version 3.1. and still there's no bypass for the pedal edit mode (PEM). But i found a solution:

In my intent to encounter a possibility for to engage with my feet more than the 10 effects i can assign to the footswitches (as we can store up to 32 effects in one preset), i finally glued with double-coated scotch tape a 3/4'' rubber cylinder on the Floor-unit's square bypass-switch: It's higher than the scroll-knob there and i can tap it easily with my foot for to engage it. Thus i enter the preset edit mode (FS6), engage the effect and then hit the rubber-cylinder with my foot: On/off.

Not only that i can this way engage all effects of my preset with my feet, it is now too for the tweaking-work in PEM a lot easier to compare the done tweakings with the disabled state of that effect without to have to leave for that the pedal edit mode (or to stop to play and push the bypass-button with the hand). Admittedly not stilish, but functional.