Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 pedal calibration not working

ludix

Hi, 

I reset my POD hd500 (flash through line 6 monkey) and did the global settings reset (press left on nav pad during startup). Now I need to recalibrate the expression pedal. 

I start up pressing right on the nav pad and follow the procedure. but when I press D to save. It returns an F and not  a P. After reboot the pedal is not working. I can see the values change during the process so it is not a hardware failure. 

please help!

Hi, 

I reset my POD hd500 (flash through line 6 monkey) and did the global settings reset (press left on nav pad during startup). Now I need to recalibrate the expression pedal. 

I start up pressing right on the nav pad and follow the procedure. but when I press D to save. It returns an F and not  a P. After reboot the pedal is not working. I can see the values change during the process so it is not a hardware failure. 

please help!

Could it be that the sensor is dirty?

I don't think the sensor is dirty. during the calibration that Punkyboy describes (yes I used that one). in step 5 I can see all the values chaing from 0 to 255, so the pedal is working. but after step 6 I get an F instead of a P.

I don't think the sensor is dirty. during the calibration that Punkyboy describes (yes I used that one). in step 5 I can see all the values chaing from 0 to 255, so the pedal is working. but after step 6 I get an F instead of a P.

I would reinstall the firmware, do the reset and then calibrate. Since I know no other recourse. I also would start completely over and this means losing all my presets and redoing them. At this point in the game for me I don't really rely on saved presets since I'm always making new ones.

I think I discovered what is wrong.

It turns out that Fs2 and Fs6 are not responding. During calibration you use Fs6 (as B) and the system notices an incomplete calibration. So it turns out to be a hardware problem, but not in the pedal. 

I will look for an solution. Thanks for the help!

Maybe you can try at the first time

set the footswitches to  ABCD   and not to fs1>fs8  or other way if they are in Fs switch to ABCD

press View to go into the setup for this

and try again

maybe is this not the solution , but you can try it