Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My DT25 hums when strat/tele volume are on zero

marksloan

My amp (brand new) seems to work fine (except it came to me with a rattling EL84 tube), but I'm curious if I have a wiring defect or something.

When I roll the guitar volume all the way to zero, a hum is introduced through the amp. If I tick up the volume (anywhere up off zero basically) the hum goes away and everything works like normal.

The amp does this with three strats and a tele - all Fender Custom shop guitars.  And none of the guitars do this on my tweed champ (when guitar volume is zero on the champ - it is dead quiet).

So I'm thinking there is something goofy in the amp making this happen.   Has anybody else had this issue?

right into the amp - no humbucker guitars.  Now the noise is pretty quiet - when i had one chanel set very clean - it didn't seem to do it on that channel.

we're talking about a faint noise... but it is just weird that it goes from dead quiet when my guitar is on "1" , to a slight noise when it is on "0".

I think it is probably the kind of thing I can ignore but I also wonder if some fuse or connection or cap or resistor is bad in there?

EDIT 12/15 - when I played it today, it didn't do this at all.  mystery gremlin but amp seems fine (except for the rattling tube it came with)