Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downloading tones from Cloud to Firehawk FX - step by step

mariashepherd

Are you using iOS or Android?

In either case, once you have found the tone you want in the cloud, activate it in Firehawk. Then use the Save to Hardware feature in the app to store it in any one of the Firehawk preset locations. This will overwrite whatever tone is currently in that location, so save the current tone to My Tones first if you want to use it again later.

• Downvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

What am I doing wrong? I tried downloading a tone from the cloud using the remote app, several actually. They all sounded absolutely crappy! and nothing even close to the song tone (e.g. "Let's Dance" David Bowie, lead guitar tone). They were completely unusable! I thought this was one of the key features of the FX!!

Some of the tones are generally terrible but you should use them as a starting point to tweak. The tone that fits a song sometimes may be called something else entirely. For example I wanted a tone for Eric Johnsons zap and the closest tone was called vinny's dirty strat or something. Keep hunting. The tones are there. Thanks vinny by the way.

Jdebiase, it's not really that arduous. The example I gave about the tone vinny's dirty strat actually did still appear when I typed in zap as the search word. Must be because even though zap doesn't appear in the name it is saved in the deeper details. So even though the tone you seek may have an unrelated name it will still appear in your search. I just try every single tone that appears as a result of a specific search and there is usually a very close tone or at least one I can use as a platform

• Upvote 1

It's always worth a look at the tones details as sometimes it tells you what type of guitar or pickups it's intended for

Everybody has a different set up so tones are always going to sound different on different gear , if you find a tone you like make a note of the authors name, maybe he has a similar set up to you and you might like other tones he's created

Also help alleviate the problem your experiencing, when your happy with the tone post it up on the cloud

I'm beginning to think it's easier to tweak my own tones from the available blocks on the FH. After a dozen attempts at downloading tones from the Cloud, I've yet to find a single usable tone and they mostly sound like plexi's on 10 with treble on 10, no bass or mids and maxed out distortion all of which are sent over a tinney transistor radio! Anyone else having these sonic issues?

I'm beginning to think it's easier to tweak my own tones from the available blocks on the FH. After a dozen attempts at downloading tones from the Cloud, I've yet to find a single usable tone and they mostly sound like plexi's on 10 with treble on 10, no bass or mids and maxed out distortion all of which are sent over a tinney transistor radio! Anyone else having these sonic issues?

mostly, some good ones.

I just make my own, sometimes based off a cloud tone.  I us a mesa setup without distortion pedal and use the amp to get the crunch and grind I need..  Vary the volume on the guitar to get more bite.  Sometimes use google to find an artists guitar rig to get me started.

• 1 year later...

So I just want to chime in... I LOVE my FHFX!!!  

I am a very very active church song leader/lead guitarist.  With over 30+ years of playing experience. I think I can claim to be a fairly accomplished guitar player, not that I don't have tons to learn, cause baby I surely do. I've owned a variety of pedals with my last "A-Rig" being a custom made board with about 15 boutique stomps on it.  I've owned/used several Digitech multi-effects units, some rack mounted systems i-Rig - DODs & Boss & Many More etc.

So say all that to say -- when I found the FH, I found a device that was just what I wanted.

A great pedal with highly genuine replication of effects chains that I can find easily and tweak/customize to perfection.

Maybe because I'm into the whole U2-ish sound with dotted eighth delays and transparent OD, added compressions and such perhaps I'm in a place where Contemporary feel and sound is a-plenty.  I don't know for sure, but KUDOS to Line6 and the makers of the Firehawk FX because it is an awesome awesome pedal. 

I had read up extensively on everything from the Amplifi to the Helix and knew just what I was getting into prior to renting a FHFX for a month to try it out before committing to any of Line6's products.  So I really did know very well what I was and was NOT getting.  But pleased to learn after now about a year of hard-core usage,  that what I got was a great pedal that I can connect to with Bluetooth from my phone or iPad that comes with the ability of browsing tones - granted tones which were produced by -- some authors better than others  -- but HEY!  I can OFTEN find tones I can use instantly. I am able to punch in artist names or their song titles into a cloud search and sample tons and tons of chains, and when I don't like what I can find, I can edit em!  

Wow! Great Job Line6, way to go!

Thank you for giving me the Firehawk FX.  Oh, BTW my FHFX has become my new "A-Rig".  

• 2 weeks later...

I started using the FH fx, with the remote app on my old iPhone 4.  Works great, but now want to upgrade to iPad.  I've created some 20 custom tone patches.  When I switch, will I lose these?  How do I switch?  (I'm thinking, upload my tones from my iPhone to the cloud, download the app on the new iPad, then retrieve my tones from the cloud??)

Thank you for your help.  On another topic.....while I was creating my patches (live, while plugged into my Fender tube amp), I noticed the volume/drive levels of the amp models in FH were very high.  I had to turn them WAY down in the app, and they were saved that way to my tones.  That brought up the question/concern over volume level variation between patches while playing live. 

Is there a way to regulate this while creating patches?  If the volume levels are high or low during band performance, can I just manually change the volume on the FH or the app, then "save" the new setting with the new volume level?  Thanks, in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Has anybody had a problem using a Galaxy S7, as in the functionality to transfer isn't there?

Thanks, M

I've actually sorted it by re organising the hierarchy of bluetooth connected devices, to my Galaxy S7 and turned off the connection between phone and laptop/sound bar ;-)  

Thank you for your help.  On another topic.....while I was creating my patches (live, while plugged into my Fender tube amp), I noticed the volume/drive levels of the amp models in FH were very high.  I had to turn them WAY down in the app, and they were saved that way to my tones.  That brought up the question/concern over volume level variation between patches while playing live. 

Is there a way to regulate this while creating patches?  If the volume levels are high or low during band performance, can I just manually change the volume on the FH or the app, then "save" the new setting with the new volume level?  Thanks, in advance.

Patch volumes are regulated using the volume slider on the amp of each patch. Or if you are using the physical unit, 3 presses of the large wheel will get you into the 'pink' volume slider. Use this to find a consistent volume across all the patches you will be using.