Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lincoln Brewster still using HD500, where's his Helix?

cletcher1

Maybe because of the random audio cut off from the XLR. Made my life hell at my last gig. Having to stop and reboot the Helix a couple of times per set is no good.

Is that part of the toe switch problem that's been posted a couple times or is yours unrelated?

If you read my replies in those threads...it happened to me without using the toe switch. Like when using a footswitch for a lead break or a patch change. I think it happens after you use any switch x number of times.

EDIT: I didn't notice it until I played it live at a gig. At home I don't do a whole lot of switching. But at a gig I'll do a lead in every song or change patches for clean sounds and crunch, etc.   And under that situation (THE most important one)....my Helix lost audio from the XLR output a couple of times per set (we played 3 sets).
Can't get ANY audio to come out of the XLR until you reboot the Helix. Which meant the band is up their playing rock music with no guitar while I waited for The Helix to reboot. :(

I do have a wah pedal assigned to the toe switch in my patches. But I didn't use it at all that evening except on one song in the last set for a lead.

FWIW: I've been using it live since I got it right after the release and haven't had this issue at all. I should note that I don't a ton of switching during a set though. I usually only use 2-3 presets at most the whole time. Lot's switching effects on & off but very few patch changes.

theKennyG, you just described how I use mine live. I had no problems with it the first gig I used it with. But this last one was a nightmare. I read in one of the threads that Line6 has acknowledged the problem and are fixing it with a firmware update.

If you read my replies in those threads...it happened to me without using the toe switch. Like when using a footswitch for a lead break or a patch change. I think it happens after you use any switch x number of times.

EDIT: I didn't notice it until I played it live at a gig. At home I don't do a whole lot of switching. But at a gig I'll do a lead in every song or change patches for clean sounds and crunch, etc.   And under that situation (THE most important one)....my Helix lost audio from the XLR output a couple of times per set (we played 3 sets).

Can't get ANY audio to come out of the XLR until you reboot the Helix. Which meant the band is up their playing rock music with no guitar while I waited for The Helix to reboot. :(

I do have a wah pedal assigned to the toe switch in my patches. But I didn't use it at all that evening except on one song in the last set for a lead.

Greetings!

The problem we have experienced is exclusively with the toe switch and no other footswitch. Would you mind opening a ticket so that we can examine your issue further?

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

FWIW: I've been using it live since I got it right after the release and haven't had this issue at all. I should note that I don't a ton of switching during a set though. I usually only use 2-3 presets at most the whole time. Lot's switching effects on & off but very few patch changes.

I have yet to have this issue live. My son does a ton of switching when he uses it and it has yet to happen. We go direct to the board. Prior to the first update I did have this happen once. It was not the toe switch as I didn't use it then (still don't really as I have a mission engineering expression hooked up also) and I have no idea what I did prior. It didn't lock up as it did when I maxed out dsp once, it just had no sound. I suppose it is the same issue but it has not happens since and I went a little nuts trying to see if I could recreate the issue. I am going to keep trying this week to see if I can at least get a sequence that causes it. I dogma full reset and reload saved info each update. I did have my volume pedal quit working once live. At that time it was the onboard, not gone MI. It wouldn't do anything until I rebooted. It was just once lime the other issue but more recent. After the latest update in fact.

I should also add we have only been using it for single short sets at church so far. I am not sure if that has anything to do with why we gave not had it happen.

I just put in the ticket for it.

And for what it's worth...we played 3 one hour long sets. My theory was that perhaps when I hit a certain number of times of using any combination of footswitches that perhaps that triggered the audio loss of the XLR output.