Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Pod HD500x as sound card, audio cuts in and out

gabesinhorin

So I've had my POD as my computer's sound card for the majority of the time I've had it, but I've had this problem where when the POD is being used as the sound card, the audio cuts in and out. This doesn't always happen but it comes come up fairly frequently, its especially annoying when recording. Have you guys got any ideas why this could be?

A separate question here:  is the "Line 6 Audio-MIDI device Driver" a different driver than the one installed as part of the POD Edit program?  I personally don't use the POD as an audio interface as I have a MOTU UltraLite as my primary audio interface, but I'm curious about why there seem to be so many problems people keep encountering with it and the precautions you guys have been advising regarding the additional USB activities should I decide to try it some day.

It just seems odd there are so many problems people seem to experience with the audio interface from the POD.  I've used a variety of audio interfaces over the years from a variety of manufacturers, some more stable than others depending on how well the drivers are written.  I suppose much of it could be a lack of memory or processing power on the platforms given most of the users don't specify.  It just gives me pause about the stability of the drivers provided by L6 since these can vary greatly from vendor to vendor.

While I would agree that running other foreground tasks and applications could be an issue when recording, buffer size and number of buffers aside, general background tasks and services shouldn't typically interfere with normal ASIO driven processing on a normally functioning computer since it's a much lighter load than general WASAPI and all sound processing drivers run by election from the controlling application which places them in user space at a higher priority than system level processes.

Download "AISO for All" to tweek it for daw programs....

Other than that, don't really know why you are having problems.... It is easy to set up usually...

Call the guys at Line 6 or get a hold of your local rep through guitar center