Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Amp And Pa With Hd500

windhover

I'm using 4cm into my valve combo.

All working well but I'd really like  to be able to use the acoustic models too. Is it possible to use the unused 1/4" out to a PA and then put together a patch that routes the signal out that side only?

I have seen comments on here where people are using 4cm into an amp but also using some kind of powered FRFR speaker for the acoustic models so I'm hoping it's possible.

I would try to work this out on my own but the only time I have access to a PA is during rehearsal.

Any advice gratefully received.

Yes you can. Make sure both sides A & B are getting a signal and A is panned left and B panned right. You can then use the A & B volumes for the left and right levels respectively. Be very careful of your levels though.  It'll be easy to get one too hot or too low relative to the other i.e. good for the amp but too hot or low for the PA and visa versa.