Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI commands with 5150 III

tmntshredder

Does anyone know how to set up the Helix so it will change channels on the 5153 in stomp mode? It changes just fine when switching presets, but it will not change when using stomp mode and the command center to set up a MIDI command. Thanks for any help that you may have to offer.

I have the same amp, how did you set it up?

It took me forever to figure out, but then again I'm not that experienced with MIDI. Here's what you need to do:

• Within the desired preset, enter the command center and select three switches to assign MIDI commands. The command that you will need to assign to each switch is "Bank/Program"
  • For each switch enter these values: MIDI Ch=Base, Bank CC00=off, Bank CC32=off, Program=0 (for switch 1), 1 (for switch 2), and 2 (for switch 3)
  • Save your preset with these settings
  • Place the 5150 III is learning mode by pressing and releasing both of the channel select buttons on the amp at the same time. The lights should start to flash.
  • Press switch 1 on the Helix to send the MIDI command to the amp. Select the green channel on the amp then take the amp out of learning mode by pressing and releasing both channel buttons.
  • Repeat the previous two steps for the other two switches, assigning one to the blue channel and the other to the red channel.
  • Once these values are set, you can assign this command within any preset by simply entering in these value. There will be no need to place the amp in learning mode once these values are assigned.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

It took me forever to figure out, but then again I'm not that experienced with MIDI. Here's what you need to do:

• Within the desired preset, enter the command center and select three switches to assign MIDI commands. The command that you will need to assign to each switch is "Bank/Program"
  • For each switch enter these values: MIDI Ch=Base, Bank CC00=off, Bank CC32=off, Program=0 (for switch 1), 1 (for switch 2), and 2 (for switch 3)
  • Save your preset with these settings
  • Place the 5150 III is learning mode by pressing and releasing both of the channel select buttons on the amp at the same time. The lights should start to flash.
  • Press switch 1 on the Helix to send the MIDI command to the amp. Select the green channel on the amp then take the amp out of learning mode by pressing and releasing both channel buttons.
  • Repeat the previous two steps for the other two switches, assigning one to the blue channel and the other to the red channel.
  • Once these values are set, you can assign this command within any preset by simply entering in these value. There will be no need to place the amp in learning mode once these values are assigned.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for the info, this will definitely help, cheers ðŸ»